10 years

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #9675 |

So next month it will be 10 years since we started “Climb Shetland” Should we do something? Here’s the first post from the site: πŸ™‚

http://goo.gl/Ck9KQ0

It was the following April when the club was formed and we agreed to use the same name as the existing website.

Ness of Sound Sept 2004
    Ness of Sound Sept 2004

longa
    Participant
    #9677 |

My my, don’t you look young. Reading the post, I discover that I’d already been resurrected – I thought it was later than that.

Yes, we should do something. Nothing too expensive though. This summer’s lured people away from the wall (rightly so) but we’ve taken a bit of a hit as a consequence.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #9678 |

pete s
    Participant
    #9679 |

Andrew weren’t you still at junior school then?

Al
    Keymaster
    #9685 |

πŸ™‚

March 2004 at the Grind

Al
    Keymaster
    #9694 |

We could potentially go somewhere for a weekend? Not sure yet if Aurore can get a weekend off, but would 6th/7th, or 13th/14th work?

Don’t know where really, Bridgend OC maybe and climb at Bannaminn – any other suggestions? I wouldn’t be against the idea of heading back to Papa Stour either…

Al
    Keymaster
    #9702 |

Aurore’s got the 13/14th off now so who’s up for something that weekend?

pete s
    Participant
    #9704 |

yes yes and yes hire a lighthouse or camping bode as weather wont be great for camping?

pete s
    Participant
    #9705 |

theres fetlar my house and theres a bode film night at hall on big screan

L’escargot
    Participant
    #9707 |

Camping bod sounds nice to me… Walls or Yell? Whalsay? πŸ™‚ (just to feel like a holiday). But don’t mind really.

Al
    Keymaster
    #9710 |

Bod would be nice for a change? Walls one sleeps 16, Yell 8. Walls I guess we could climb Culswick / Skelda Ness / Pobie. Yell would be good for an explore around the NW coast where there’s best chance of climbing, but unlikely.

Let me know numbers and preference and I will book.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #9712 |

Bod sounds good to me. Combine it with a barbecue? I don’t know if I’ll be able to climb but walking and exploring would be good

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #9723 |

BΓΆd sounds great. Walls one would probably be better as there’s definite climbing and I think quite a few people haven’t been to Skelda Ness or Culswick.

longa
    Participant
    #9725 |

I’d love to go out on the Sunday. Can’t do Saturday as I’m acting in a murder-mystery competition for Ann Cleaves.

pete s
    Participant
    #9733 |

good for me either way

Al
    Keymaster
    #9736 |

Gone for Walls bod as it’s bigger. Booked for 10 people Fri 12th & Sat 13th, but can add more. Need to confirm numbers asap. So far: Al, Aurore, Jonathan, Andrew, Pete, Julie.

Stu & Bina? Assuming you don’t need a bed Sat Andy? Anyone else? The more the merrier, all welcome!

pete s
    Participant
    #9738 |

stu bina are away. he says I can have his whisky

Ross
    Participant
    #9747 |

You can have my whisky as well if you like Pete. As it will be a bit of a long haul.

I’m getting a little confused about Andy’s competition. Is Ann the competition prize or is she organising the competiton?

longa
    Participant
    #9749 |

Anne wrote it, stupid boy. I’m one of four suspects. There’s also a genuine forensic scientist present to advise the punters. No idea what the prize is.

We’re doing it twice, at Busta House in the afternoon and the Lerwick Library in the evening.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #9758 |

Awww, Stu and I are away then!!! So sorry to miss it. Have a whole lot of fun πŸ™‚

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.