1st weekend in April

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4270 |

The rock is quartz-feldspar-mica gneiss – very good grip – with spectacular veins of pegmatite.

I’ve uploaded a pic on the “new crags” page.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #4985 |

Plenty of potential on Yell I would think. We could go for a walk/scout. I’ve never been to the Daal of Lumbister – how about having a look there? Saturday for preference – if the weather’s good I have other things planned for Sunday

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4986 |

I’m well up for that!

Al
    Keymaster
    #4993 |

I’m keen too, and as much as I’d love to find a crag on Yell I think its been well scouted before… There must be something though, surely. Anyway I’m up for whatever.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4995 |

Whats the plan for the weekend then? Saturday looks to be the better day.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4996 |

I’m not sure. I think we were thinking yell for Sunday and climb somewhere on sat since thats the better day. Not sure where though. I think the Veng was mentioned but doesn’t have to be. Any preferences anyone? I suggest if it’s Bressay folk get the ferry in at 10. If not on Bressay suggest we meet wherever around 10.30. Sound ok?

pete s
    Participant
    #4990 |

Cant make the veng will catch up on yell

julie maguire
    Participant
    #4991 |

will there be a chocolate mallie egg hunt?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #4992 |

If you can persuade maalies to lay chocolate eggs I’m sure we can hunt them. Alternatively, how about an oily, fishy puke hunt?

rockhopper
    Participant
    #4973 |

I’m going to Yell on Sunday. As there doesn’t seem to be much enthusiasm for climbing on a cold Saturday I’ll probably stay in unless a really good plan emerges.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4974 |

Sorry, I’m working this weekend.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4975 |

ok then, I have a lot on anyway… Maybe keen for Yell though.

pete s
    Participant
    #4976 |

yell sundays good for me(abit like ski sunday but with mud)

Fat Git
    Participant
    #4977 |

Sunday ferries are less than brilliant of course. 8:50 off Bressay and 11:00 to Yell or 10:30 and 12:00? Plenty of time for breakfast in town either way.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4978 |

it sounds good, also I have booked climbing wall in clickimin at 8am to 9am, everybody who has induction is welcome to come for wee training…

…..actually…. there were some problems with bookings in the past, so I’m gonna phone them tomorrow again and I’ll confirm it here…… so stay online…

longa
    Participant
    #4979 |

I’m staying at home to nurse my bug.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4980 |

well its snowing up in Eshaness again, so maybe climbing wouldn’t have been great!

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4981 |

I would think 8.50 off Bressay and 11 from Toft – although we could easily get the 9.40 from Toft – surely can’t take more than 40 mins to drive there!!!
    Don’t think I’ll manage 8am at the Clickimin though

Fat Git
    Participant
    #4963 |

Ah. I overlooked the 9:40 – you’d think that after 22 years I’d have learned to read the SIC ferry timetable! 8:50 and 9:40 it is then and no greasy fry-up in town.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4964 |

the climbing wall is booked from 9 to 10… not as I wrote above, so if anybody want’s to come….</p>
    <p>….so what’s the final plan for tomorrow? and would be somebody able to pick me up at 10 or 9:45?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.