2015 Goals

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11422 |

Watched this video a few weeks ago on UKC (it’s a bit overly American!) and thought it might be interesting to hear what people’s climbing goals are for 2015 (and to look back and see whether you achieved them ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

My main goals:

• Tackle my fear of falling.
    • Climb more than one E2 (held back by the first goal).
    • Do ‘The Italian Job’ and my project problem at Levenwick.

Several routes I want to do as well, but we’ll see.

Also, I would NOT like to come off on the topout around that flake at 2:51 in the video!!

Al
    Keymaster
    #11424 |

Good ones. Is it only Valerio so far who’s managed that problem? OK so mine are:

1. Get back to being comfy and relaxed on anything up to E1 like I was a few years back and get out more to different crags to repeat some routes
    2. Climb Kyrje again at the Grind (but in better style this time!)
    3. Onsight Navir-Navir Land at the Grind

longa
    Participant
    #11425 |

Bludgers Revelation
    Minus One Direct
    Kipling Groove

Just about anything at Diabaig.

julie maguire
    Participant
    #11426 |

Introduce my left leg to climbing anything gracefully but more likely thrutch my way up dark mossy green off widths whilst whimpering.
    Win win !

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11427 |

Yeah, just Valerio that’s done that. Fairly sure it’s a grade harder than they gave it. Repeating more routes is a good one, that was on my list for last year but didn’t really happen other than that day we went to Nibon!

Anything in Shetland, Andy? ๐Ÿ˜‰

You’ve got to stop hanging round with that bloke from Fetlar, Julie!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Ross
    Participant
    #11428 |

I can’t recall Andy saying anything about heading to Diabeg …..

I want to maintain my fear of falling. It has helped on every climb but I do realise that it also can hold you back.

My goals are pretty simple:

1. A route up one of the unclimbed faces I spied on Foula last year.
    2. Straighten up one of last year’s epic routes.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #11429 |

Well my only goal would be: climb harder this summer. Would like to manage to lead VS (given the start of the season, HVS seems a bit too optimistic…) and second/top rope some more E2 and why not E3… (Yeah, I said “top rope”)

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11431 |

Yeah, I know what you mean Ross, but there’s logical fear and illogical fear. It’s illogical to be worried about falling off when the gear’s bomber, and it holds me back quite a bit, not to mention ruining the experienceโ€”I don’t want to only enjoy routes in retrospect!

You’ll have to find someone to lead that E3 first, Aurore!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Ross
    Participant
    #12180 |

So, goals for the year ahead based on last year’s successes ….. or not?

I did straighten out my 2014 epic in the Big Geo of Stromness to climb the fine 40m route called The Mariner ๐Ÿ™‚ but even on the day it seemed unlikely with rain showers to the south and north of us when we reached the top of the crag before abseiling in.

My other goal was a new line on Foula. Well Mike and I abandoned the 8 day trip the evening beforehand due to the weather. However I did get out to Foula for work and got some great shots of the crags on the flight off the island at the end of the day. Still plans are afoot to make another attempt this summer.

Al
    Keymaster
    #12181 |

My goals are suspiciously similar to last year as I got next to nothing done in 2015 (climbing wise!). A half-excuse is that the Grind never really came into condition last year, it was too wet.

1. Repeat some routes at Nibon and the Faither.
    2. Climb Kyrje again at the Grind (but in better style this time!)
    3. Onsight Navir-Navir Land at the Grind

But in the more immediate future, I need to start training. I’m 6 days late starting already!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.