25th January

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fat Git
    Participant
    #4396 |

Should we have a get together to celebrate the climbing phenomenon that was Robert Burns?

pete s
    Participant
    #5846 |

yes

longa
    Participant
    #5847 |

Yes. Good idea. Who’ll address the haggis? Who’ll address the ladies? I’ll just sit and be “Great Chieftain o’the puddin’ race”.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5848 |

aye. mi hoose is nae problem laddy.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #5849 |

I have requested the evening off so hopefully will be there to celebrate Rabbie and his partial fancy for Nancy.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5850 |

A couple of folk have commitments in town either that evening or the following morning so Bressay seems to be the best option. Bina’s going to investigate whether the lighthouse is free, otherwise Pete has offered Julie’s house (I don’t know if he’s asked Julie though)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5852 |

I coming if get back on time, book a bed/floor space for me. Hopefully, manage to get an outdoor climb Saturday. Cheers šŸ™‚

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5857 |

OK – venue is the Bressay Lighthouse.

pete s
    Participant
    #5858 |

cool

Al
    Keymaster
    #5859 |

cool. can we bag one of the rooms?

Al
    Keymaster
    #5887 |

Still on with this? What’s the crack, need food bringing or owt?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5888 |

It’s still on. Food is sorted. Beds are sorted (you have one). Just bring booze, music and poetry

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5894 |

Hi folks,
    Sorry I’ve been rubbish at getting in touch about Burns Night but I booked the lighthouse. Food is sorted and we’re aiming to eat around half eight / nine. Al and Aurore there’s a room at the lighthouse for you. Andy, if you need a bed for the night Jonathan has one. Diane you can stay at ours. (Or of course anyone can bag a bit of floor space at the lighthouse). If anyone else is thinking to come please let me know.
    If everyone chips in a tenner at most it will cover the cost of lighthouse and food. We’ll work it out properly once we’ve bought everything! Bring yourselves, booze and anything else you think you might need. I think we’ll have some kind of walk / climb on Saturday. We have the lighthouse for Saturday night too (you have to book at least two nights). There’s no plan as yet but would be good to have some kind of a leaving do for Nathalie – either a meal in Lerwick or take-away at the lighthouse or anything else. Let me know if you can come. Suggestions welcome šŸ™‚
    There are ferries in on friday at 7, 8, 8.30, 9.30 and 10.00. Let me know which one you’ll be on and someone can pick you up. Last ferry out is 12.45 if you really want to escape!
    Cheerio
    R

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5896 |

Hey bina,

Sounds like you are all organised. I am staying at Jonathans thanks. Probably make the 7 ferry but will text.

pete s
    Participant
    #5900 |

im taking rack + surf kayaks +walking gear should get something done during the w/end see you all around 7

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5901 |

Great! We’ll be at the lighthouse from about 6. I’m planning to meet ferries at 7pm and 8pm so will scoop up whoever I find šŸ™‚

Al
    Keymaster
    #5902 |
    Quote:
    Quote from pete s on January 24, 2013, 21:34<br />
    im taking rack + surf kayaks +walking gear should get something done during the w/end see you all around 7

What? No guns?

Al
    Keymaster
    #5903 |

Crackin weekend, thanks all.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.