Aberdeen Guys on the way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    #9131 |

Hey, I and four friends from the University of Aberdeen are coming up from the 28th of June to the 10th of July.

We are all capable climbers with grade ranges of HVS to e3/4. If anyone is keen to show us some good starred climbing we are keen to meet up and have a climb and a good laugh.

We will be staying in Levenwick and have access to a car also.

Callum!

Ross
    Participant
    #9132 |

Hi Callum,

I’m sure a few folk will be happy to point you in the right direction and join you whilst you are up. I’ve now finished work until the end of July. I have a climbing partner visiting from 30th June to 7th July and will be happy to catch up and climb with you on 28th and 29th and we can sort out the rest from there.

You’ll certainly need a car being based in Levenwick as much of the climbing is further north. You can contact me directly through my UKC profile RossJ.

Cheers, Ross

Al
    Keymaster
    #9135 |

Sounds good. Just post up on here before you get here as we’re a forgetful bunch (except Ross) and definitely be up for meeting up and being dragged up some E4s šŸ™‚

It’d probably be worth your while getting a set of miniguides from http://www.shetlandclimbing.info if you haven’t already. We’ve made guides for most of the better crags and then when we’re free we can show you some of the others… As Ross said being based in Levenwick means you’ll need the car to get climbing. The Coall and Fogla Taing are near there but only a day each really (some might say not even worth a day at the Coall!)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #9140 |

Aye, thats awesome guys, we’re also very multi-activity, so up for fishing, swimming, diving, making fire, drinking and anything you can offer!

Callum

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #9229 |

Hi Callum
    As Al and Ross have said, I’m sure some of us will be up for climbing while you’re here. Always good to meet visiting climbers!

On another note, I’m sure he’s already mentioned it, but your Dad came up and introduced himself at the Breiwick Cafe last week while we were sorting gear. Bit of a coincidence!

Cheers,

Andrew

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #9391 |

Hey Guys, just to say, sorry for being in non-contact. We will be leaving Aberdeen tonight on the Ferry and staying in Levenwick. My number is 07814254231.
    Feel free to drop past, have a beer and to climb with also, we are all very keen.

My Dad did mention meeting you at Eschaness, sounds good to have a coffee prior to scary sea-cliffs!

Ross
    Participant
    #9397 |

We will be heading to North Head today. You have a phone message. Welcome to Shetland.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.