AGM 2012

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    Post count: 124
    #4267 |

    It was agreed at the AGM in December that we would shift our AGM to the spring so I’m proposing the first weekend of May and tie it in with a club weekend – say camping at Ronas Voe??
    What do folk think?
    R

    Fat Git
    Participant
    Post count: 342
    #4936 |

    First weekend in May is folk festival so some of us will be pursuing other interests. How about the following w/e?

    pete s
    Participant
    Post count: 355
    #4937 |

    Yep yep

    rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    Post count: 124
    #4938 |

    Ok that sounds better! 11th – 13th May at Ronas Voe with AGM on the evening of the 12th. Does that work? Somebody order some sunshine!! 🙂

    pete s
    Participant
    Post count: 355
    #4939 |

    only thing is that some folk (the less mad)(the rest of the world) might say that excludes ,
    1 the less mad
    2 the rest of the world
    as apart from the mad (me included) tricky to get to(for the wall type folk etc)
    but if folk dont register any odjections(im not objecting) then yes,

    longa
    Participant
    Post count: 472
    #4941 |

    I’m OK with that date. It’ll give me time to get the accounts done.

    Andrew
    Keymaster
    Post count: 412
    #4942 |

    I SHOULD be fine with that, as long as nothing else comes up in the meantime! 🙂

    Pete, aren’t No’s 1 and 2 the same thing?? 😛

    Al
    Keymaster
    Post count: 860
    #4943 |

    Not sure I’ll be able to make that – kinda the wrong end of the country at the moment! Is it not slightly exclusive to insist on needing a boat to get to the AGM?! (As much as I love the place!) Did you mean Ronas Hill?

    rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    Post count: 124
    #4944 |

    I guess the main thing is to agree a date. We can decide on a venue nearer the time – after all the weather may be total pants anyway! Are there any dates you could do Al? Like last weekend in April or later in May? Or are you away long term?

    Fat Git
    Participant
    Post count: 342
    #4945 |

    I can ferry folk across the voe in my two holer

    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Post count: 88
    #4946 |

    My boat will be available, can probably fit all the non-paddlers in. Are you on thinking to having the AGM over there?

    longa
    Participant
    Post count: 472
    #4948 |

    I’m assuming this Ronas AGM is a wind-up. It needs to be in a decent sized room that most people can get to.

    rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    Post count: 124
    #4949 |

    Not a wind-up exactly – I was thinking could be combined with a club outing but maybe Ronas is a step too far! Let’s agree a date first. Does anyone apart from Al have a problem with 12th May?

    pete s
    Participant
    Post count: 355
    #4952 |

    Yes i will be at ronas voe! supose i might be able to rearange my sceduale

    Al
    Keymaster
    Post count: 860
    #4961 |

    I now don’t have a problem with the date, back in Shetland for the summer…

    There’s a good sized room at Ronas Voe actually, even if it’s missing a roof. Might need the nettles clearing again though. Oh, and bring your own chair.

    rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    Post count: 124
    #4966 |

    OK lets confirm 12th May as AGM date.
    Will be in touch re venue later

    Al
    Keymaster
    Post count: 860
    #4997 |

    Sorry to put a spanner in the works, but I’ve been thinking that the middle of May is actually pretty late for the AGM. We’ll no doubt decide on summer trips etc and some time in April would make more sense – the climbing season is well under way by mid-may. We were also trying to tie in with MCofS, which runs from 1st April.

    How about 28-29th April, as anything sooner might be too short notice for some?

    rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    Post count: 124
    #4998 |

    I could attend an AGM on 28th or 29th but I couldn’t make a weekend of it as I’ve got a massive deadline the first week of May. However if end of April works for most people then it probably makes sense so I’m happy whatever

    longa
    Participant
    Post count: 472
    #4999 |

    That’s OK for me, the Folk Fest (sacred) isn’t till the following weekend. Of course it doesn’t have to be a weekend. It’s only a sodding meeting. Personally I’d rather keep the administrative tosh and the climbing separate.

    Al
    Keymaster
    Post count: 860
    #5000 |

    Why not make it into a social as well, it doesn’t need to be all administrative tosh – this is supposed to be a fun club, not one that gets bogged down in bulls**t.

    I’ve made a call and we can use the Braewick cafe free as long as we don’t mind other folk being around (might not be anyone in April). Christina will put food on for us if we let her know in advance and more than a few want it. She’ll then keep it open so we can have a few drinks till 10 or so. Then folk can camp if they like (£5 per tent for 1, £2 per extra person) or splash out on a Wigwam (£36, sleeps 6 if you’re very friendly!)

    There’s more chance of folk turning up if it sounds like a laugh, and therefore more chance of getting a proper rounded opinion from all members. I know it crossing the boundary of ordinary meeting / AGM but I can’t be arsed to have 2! And at least you can have a pint while discussing the administrative tosh!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.