August Club Weekend 1st/2nd

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
    Keymaster
    #11891 |

Having spoken to a few people there seems to be some interest in getting on some bigger routes, so proposing:

Saturday at Eshaness Lighthouse, BBQ / camp over at ours on Saturday then somewhere else on Sunday. Possibly Faither, Nibon or Otters Head. Sound like a plan?

If you’d rather stay at the bod I can book that if needed. There are 2 beds free at ours too.

Keymaster
    #11980 |

Anyone keen? The weather is looking changeable at the moment but light winds so thinking a backup plan of coasteering or kayaking would work…

Participant
    #11981 |

well i’m up for it if the weather lets us

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #11986 |

That forecast is not looking friendly at the moment, but it’ll probably be completely different in five minutes! I’m up for some bigger routesโ€”about time! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bags a bed too.

Participant
    #11990 |

iv ended up working (not realy done enough hours this week so had to say yes), ill still make saturday sometime after 3 but cant camp out and will probably miss Sunday, but at least i can afford food now so its not all bad!

Participant
    #11991 |

Might join you Saturday night/Sunday

Participant
    #11994 |

Can’t do Saturday but could manage the evening and Sunday I think

Keymaster
    #11996 |

I’m planning to come up Saturday, but can’t stay overnight. If anybody needs a lift up or back Saturday give me a shout.

Where and when are people meeting?

Participant
    #11997 |

Yes, Saturday for me. It’s looking the better day at the moment. I’ll take a lift Kev if there’s room.

Keymaster
    #11998 |

Will do, is 0830 ok for you, there for 0930?

Participant
    #11999 |

OK by me.

Keymaster
    #12000 |

wow keen. 0930 at the crag then… If it’s damp in the morning then just come here for a brew instead while it dries.

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12001 |

Haha! I remember the days of 9:30 starts every weekend! ๐Ÿ˜›

Participant
    #12002 |

realistically do people still think they’ll still be climbing at 3ish?? dont want to make the trip for nothing since i also cant camp? ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant
    #12003 |

You can split the day with lunch at the cafe, or even go to another crag.

Keymaster
    #12004 |

Mid day lunch at the cafe eh? These club trips are getting very soft! I hope someone’s bringing strawberries & cream for between climbs?

I will try to head back about 5 or 6 to BBQ but I would think there will still be folk climbing Gwyd yeah. A full day at the lighthouse is only a handful of routes due to rigging abs etc. If we’ve had enough of the lighthouse we can stroll down to the Grind.

I’m actually heading up to the lighthouse at 6.30am to clean if anyone’s really keen? I’ll be done by 7.30 ๐Ÿ˜‰

Participant
    #12005 |

kl, ill prob make it up there just after 3, hopefully have time for a fyew climbs before people get too hungry ๐Ÿ™‚ wanted to climb there for ages!

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12006 |

At the Lighthouse you’ve probably realistically got time for one! Haha.

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12007 |

Looks like I’m going to be up late, and I’m really knackered as it is, so I don’t think I’ll be there for 9:30. See you later on in the morning!

Keymaster
    #12008 |

Slacker.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.