Climbing Club AGM

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #6713 |

Ok so for the AGM meal I have:
    Bina, Stu, Al, Aurore, Andrew, Andy, Jonathan, Ross, Clare. I’ll book for 10 folk in case Julie is coming to the meal. I know Pete won’t arrive til later. I’ll put an agenda round at the weekend for comment. Consensus seems to be climb on Saturday and then see what happens 🙂
    If anyone else wants to come for the meal (Stevie Jay?) Let me know asap
    Cheerio!

Al
    Keymaster
    #6714 |

Grande. For the night of cocktails that shall follow, just to let folk know we already have vodka, rum, whisky, grand marnier (like cointreau), creme de cassis, aquavit, so don’t need those. I’ll buy some mixers, juices and fruit. Andy can you bring your bottle of Angosturra Bitters? Never used it in cocktails but it does feature in a few. If anyone can get some dry vermouth or similar it’s always nice to make Dry Martinis. Tesco had run out.

Bring anything else you need to make any drinks you fancy. Does anyone have a cocktail shaker and measures? I have a good book that’s seen me through many a cocktail night and has some decent booze-free ones for those so inclined. Otherwise we have tea 🙂

Al
    Keymaster
    #6719 |

I’m just at the cafe chatting with Aurore and Christina. The cafe is going to be busy on that evening and they’d prefer it if we ate earlier. Can I suggest we eat at 6 / 6.30 and then go to ours for the AGM? AGM in a busy cafe won’t really work anyway. What do folk think?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6720 |

Fair enough

Ross
    Participant
    #6721 |

I agree having an AGM in a busy cafe wont work that well. I’d also have thought having an AGM after a meal is always a sure way to dullen the enjoyment of a meal….. but then I’ve never been to a CS AGM before 😉

Clare’s on a course scheduled to finish at 6 in Lerwick so timing wise she’d be late for any meal if we have it first.

Any chance of still having the AGM first at your’s Al then decanting to the cafe.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6722 |

CS AGM are never dull Ross 😉 AGM before the meal might be a stretch for working folks coming fae Lerwick, and even possibly for myself… :-/
    Christina is happy for us to eat any time really but the cafe will be busy (steak night) so I thought it might be better to eat before the busier time. If folks cannae make it we’ll just proceed as originally planned. Happy to take some food away for Clare if she wanted?

Ross
    Participant
    #6724 |

I was proposing that we stick to the original timescales of AGM at 6 and the meal at 7.30 rather than move anything earlier.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #6725 |

Agghhh the confusion!!

I think it’s best to have the AGM and Club meeting after the meal. It’s not an arduous thing so it won’t spoil enjoyment and it means we can do it at leisure without feeling we have to be finished at a certain time.
    I suggest the AGM starts at 8.30 at Al and Aurores. If we do that then although Pete will miss the AGM he might catch the Club meeting part.
    How about we opt for dinner at 6.45? We will be able to get to Al and Aurore’s by 8.30 and if Clair sets off straight from the training she wouldn’t be too late. Aurore could maybe find out the menu options in advance so we could put Claire’s order in.
    Does that sound like a reasonable compromise? If so I’ll let Christina know time/numbers tomorrow.

Below are the agendas for the AGM and the meeting to follow. Let me have any comments by Wed and I’ll finalise and bring copies, along with the minutes of the last meetings on Friday :

Climb Shetland
    Annual General Meeting
    Saturday 25th April 2014, 8.30pm Eshaness
    Chair: Stuart Barton

AGENDA

1) Minutes of previous AGM (Sat 20th April 2013)

2) Presentation of accounts

3) Chairman’s report

4) Election of Officers
    The following officers to be agreed upon:
    Chair
    Secretary / Club Meets
    Treasurer
    Wall
    Website
    Officer without portfolio

5) Date of next AGM

Climb Shetland Meeting
    Saturday 25th April 2014, 9.00pm Eshaness

AGENDA

1) Minutes of previous meeting (Sat 20th April 2013)

2) Matters arising not covered within the present agenda

3) Memberships

• Current subscriptions
    • Members record keeping

4) Climbing wall

• Wall rates
    • Inductions

5) Club gear

6) Club funds

• Bolt fund
    • Instructing tickets
    • Travel fund

7) Club events
    • Climbing Symposium
    • Summer trip
    • Winter trip
    • Fundraising

8) Publicity

9) Website / Wiki

10) Climbing Guides

11) AOCB

• Shetland Nature Festival

12) Date of next meeting

Al
    Keymaster
    #6726 |

sounds / looks fine

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #6728 |

Ok so dinner 6.45 at Braewick. Meet 8.30 at Al’s. I’ll book today 🙂
    R

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #6729 |

Ok that’s Braewick cafe booked for 10 folk 6.45 Friday 25th. See you there!

Al
    Keymaster
    #6730 |

Addition to no7 events if you’ve not already typed it up – Climb Shetland 10th Birthday (September)

Al
    Keymaster
    #6733 |

If anyone’s still not sure what to bring then I’m missing Creme de Cacao (preferably brown), Dry Vermouth (martini extra dry) and grenadine syrup (if can find it!). Went to town today and completely forgot them! Sure we can manage without though.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.