Climbing in Shetland in May

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Petre
    Participant
    #13953 |

I am coming to Shetland in May for work for about 10 days from around 11th of May. I’ll be working daily until around 5 pm but will be free after and was wondering if anyone is up for some climbing.
    I boulder and sport climb around 6b-6c but I don’t mind trying easier or harder routes. Haven’t done any trad but am willing to try.

If anyone needs a partner around these dates please give me a shout.

Clement
    Participant
    #13954 |

Similarly, I’ll be up in Shetland from the 29th April to the 11th May. I’m keen to get some trad climbing done if the weather allows. I’ll be bringing up rack and ropes.
    Hope to also meet some of you at the wall.
    Cheers,
    Clement

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #13955 |

I’m sure we can meet up at some point – there’s not a lot in the way of sport routes in Shetland. The good news is there is no shortage of trad. routes at all grades.
    The wall isn’t fully open for public access at the moment, but hopefully this will be sorted in a few weeks time.
    Cheers

Clement
    Participant
    #13956 |

Thanks Kevin for getting back. I quite keen for some trad, would be good to meet up with some local climbers.
    Cheers,
    Clement

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #13957 |

Thanks Clement. I’m based in Scalloway, where will you be based?

Clement
    Participant
    #13958 |

I’m based in Gulberwick, free Wednesday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday this week. I’ve got a car so can get around.
    Thanks,
    Clement

Clement
    Participant
    #13967 |

Anyone keen to get out tomorrow or Sunday? Weather looks decent, was thinking the east coast to be sheltered from wind and swell. Thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Clement

Petre
    Participant
    #13985 |

Hi guys, I have just arrived in Shetland and am really looking forward to do some climbing. The weather seems promising tomorrow, is anyone going out?

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #13986 |

Right. Great weather. Anyone fancy a short climb tonight, say from 5:30pm?
    Options include Ness of Sound, Kettlaness (Bannamin to the geographically challenged) or a small route in Burra a mile south of Mail beach.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #13987 |

Clement, if you are available later today – give me a shout and we’ll get something sorted, either for today or Saturday.

Petre
    Participant
    #13995 |

Hi Kevin, if you still want to go tonight I can be around 6 in Lerwick. I’m free on Saturday also.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #13996 |

Hi Petre. Are you able to meet at East Voe marina, near Scalloway by 7pm? There’s a short route in Burra we could climb.

Petre
    Participant
    #13998 |

Hi Kevin, Sorry I stayed longer at work yesterday as I thought I won’t climb.
    Are you planning anything for tonight?

Clement
    Participant
    #14010 |

Sorry Kevin, only just saw your message. I had left Shetland on the 11/05 so had stopped checking the forum. I’ll be back between the 17-25th June if anyone is available then.
    Cheers,
    Clément

andrewhood92
    Participant
    #14011 |

Hello everyone.

I am going to be in Shetland this weekend to see my girlfriend who is working in Lerwick. However, she’ll be working all of Saturday afternoon. So, is anyone around for some trad action for a few hours this Saturday (26th May).

I’d love to climb at Eshaness, but would just be happy to get out. Comfortably leading VS, and will lead HVS with a bit of a struggle 🙂 Happy to second upto E2, or climb easier.
    Let me know.

Andy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.