Climbing this evening

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    #11750 |

Does anybody fancy spending a couple of hours on some sun drenched shetland rock this evening?

longa
    Participant
    #11751 |

I was thinking the same, though there might be showers later. Have to be west-facing. Suggest Bannamin.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #11752 |

Sounds good to me, what time were you thinking?

longa
    Participant
    #11753 |

Right, back from bike-ride. Er, well, when are you free? I’ve got to get some grub for Mary then I’ll be on my way. I could just meet you there.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11754 |

Hope you got out. we were planning to go to the Warie Gill but ended up just chilling out and now it’s raining!

Had a nice wander to the back of Ronas today spying out a crag near the voe crags. No luck though, too grassy.

longa
    Participant
    #11755 |

Nah, blowing a hoolie according to Luke. Just as well because it started raining here. Starting to look reasonable for Sunday.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11756 |

Hi Luke. Got your text. Tonight (Thursday) Looks good – Bannamin? Or somewhere west? Pobie Skeo?

Can meet east Voe marina if going west.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #11757 |

Aye let’s just head to Bannamin, Pobie Skeo is a bit of a trek for an evening. How about meeting at 7:15 at the car park? or we can go a bit later….makes no odds to me really

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11758 |

See you 7:15, I’m leaving now.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11759 |

Hope you got something done before the mist descended. We’ve not managed to climb the past 2 days even though we planned to. Which inspired me to write this!

http://shetlandclimbing.info/2015/07/02/beat-the-heatwave-smugness/

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11795 |

Got in 3 ascents at Minn, mist was very thick but quite atmospheric. Rock went incredibly slippy after just a few sports of rain.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11796 |

Yeah, even the slightest damp and that place is lethal. Glad you got something done anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #11797 |

Was nice to get out but yeah……slippery when wet!Nice article Al

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.