Coming on holiday to visit family

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    #9825 |

Hi all!

So I used to live in Shetland a few years back and am coming over again in October to visit some familiy. Would like to do some sport / bouldering climbing while I am there and climb some of that amazing coastline. Apparently there is an indoor wall at clikimin too, is it any good?

About me:

Currently living in Stockholm where there is a number of dedicated climbing gyms, I go to the largest about 3 times a week and climb outdoors when we get the urge. Favorites are bouldering and sport climbing but I like to push myself on toprope sometimes as well! Been climbing for about 1.5 years, pretty intensively and am of course totally addicted!

I have my own gear including 60m dynamic rope, quickdraws and a few slings. Not sure if I bring the rope though as it’s a lot of extra weight.. also I take safety pretty seriously and am an attentive belayer šŸ™‚

If anyone wants a little company for a climb some day, let me know šŸ™‚ I will be there between 12th and 25th October!

/Alan

Al
    Keymaster
    #9836 |

Hi Alan,

Unfortunately your timing will be the issue for getting out! Hopefully the weather will hold a bit longer and we’ll be able to get out somewhere. Most of us here have more than enough gear so don’t worry about rope etc. Best thing is to post up on this forum again when you get here and we’ll try and get out somewhere.

The sport crags don’t tend to be the best spots that time of year though, but there are a few sea cliffs that can be ok, or there’s bouldering.

The Clickimin indoor wall isn’t the greatest but it does the job. We meet there on Mondays, 7.30-9.30pm. Come along and meet us there. If you’re ok belaying etc, then you just need to fill in a quick form that we sign off to be able to climb.

See you when you get here… Al

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #9847 |

Hey! Sounds great, hope the weather will be ok but fair enough, it’s not so great here right now either šŸ™‚

Will definitely come along to Clickimin!

/A

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.