Fidlar Geo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ross
    Participant
    #4517 |

We had a good day out to Fidlar Geo yesterday and climbed seven new lines on the previously unclimbed West Wall from V Diff to HVS. The rock here is excellent and the climbing generally better than the routes on Eastern Slabs, Western Face and Zawn Wall. No classic routes but some good accessible climbing up to 25m without the need for abseiling in. I’ll write these up shortly.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6688 |

Good stuff. That wall looked great but was way too rough when we went and not been back since.

Ross
    Participant
    #9289 |

Andy and I went back to Fidlar Geo on Monday and added couple more lines to the Main Wall (previously called Zawn Wall) and climbed on West Wall. I think we climbed a line that Pete and Julie climbed on Saturday and I repeated most of my routes from the beginning of April. At the time I thought my grading was probably out on the day back in April (cold and grey without any mileage for a long time) and my repeats confirm this. I’ve downgraded all of the existing routes by a complete grade. I’ll update SCi and add in the lines I’ve understand were climbed on Saturday.

pete s
    Participant
    #9292 |

hi we climbed (west wall) a line 3meters leftof footabrough tales shallow grove to slab with lege,step right then up crack on right Severe
    after that we climbed a big diagnel right to left from all flaked up 28 meters to top left of wall severe ,
    climbed peerie maa thought it was HS

Ross
    Participant
    #9293 |

I’ll send you the revised topo to confirm that I’ve got your lines correct. I took the boldest line, which is a bit eliminate, which is probably why I’ve given it 4c, but it is pretty easy to just step off to the left or right which I think explains the difference. I’m happy to go with HS.

We gave the big diagonal Hard Diff! So please check the topo that I’ll send and make sure we’re describing the same line. Cheers.

Al
    Keymaster
    #9387 |

Just had an email from Tony Howard saying they’d “been crafty” and headed over there to add some new routes. They were there 4 days after you though, so only 1 new route out of 3!

How many times does that happen in Shetland!? 3 parties at the same crag trying to claim the same routes.

Good of Tony to send the new routes through. Not sure if they did any other climbing that week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.