Friday Evening (18th)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #4298 |

OK so try again… Anyone coming out?! Weather doesn’t look amazing but might get on something. I’m thinking Verdan’s quarry or Raasmi… I think some of the lower tier routes may still be wet at Verdans, especially after this week.

If the weather’s not amazing we could just meet for a wander round Verdans to look at potential?

longa
    Participant
    #5213 |

I might be OK. Weather forecast is all over the place at the moment, but the weekend is starting to look decent.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5215 |

Could be tempted. Fingers crossed the weather improves (it couldn’t get any worse – could it?)

L’escargot
    Participant
    #5216 |

I should be free on Friday evening and would love to come.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5220 |

I should tink so.

Quarry will probably be wet.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5222 |

Is there anything that’s not wet? It’s now forecast to be sunny-ish for 5 days (including today) and warming up. Someone’s tellin porkies. You never know though.

longa
    Participant
    #5223 |

Over at Scalloway this affo looking at the Hitra. Reminded me of last year’s Tall Ships. Wandering around and drinking tea in a freezing northerly wind.

rockhopper
    Participant
    #5224 |

I can come along after work if you let me know where you want to climb.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5226 |

Well ‘if’ it dries up then Raasmi might be ok, but I really can’t think that anywhere else will be climbable. The tide is in at 8pm but there’s not much swell so most routes at Raasmi should be ok.

The only other potential is the old “damp venue of choice” the South Gill which dries pretty quickly but might still be a little greasy from sea spray earlier in the week.

Anyone have any better ideas (other than just not going out!)

longa
    Participant
    #5227 |

I’m off to Bressay with Mhairi shortly. If anything’s dry it will be.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5228 |

Well its not rained now for at least 2 hours! Think we’ll head to the South Gill tonight and see if we can get on something – might try and lead those 2 routes from the other day. I’ll be there about 7pm.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5229 |

Stu is gonna be there for 7pm too 🙂
    If anyone is needing a lift from Lerwick best to phone us 07921316251

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.