Gear nicked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Participant
    #4262 |

It appears that the club quickdraws have been lifted. At least, we only found two Q/D’s and no karabiners last night. I didn’t have time to properly check but I suspect some of the club belay plates & krabs have gone too. I suppose I should blame myself for not replacing the club gear box when the lid got broken. On the other hand it was never secure and stuff was OK. I suggest replacing the gear – people do use it – but don’t stow it at the wall, just like the harnesses.

Participant
    #4897 |

It’s a bit depressing to think that people would actually nick stuff just because the box was broken. Maybe they’ve taken stuff home by accident. Either way, we should probably replace it and if you like I’ll take responsibility for it. That might make sense seeing as I said I’d take care of club loans.

I was sorry not to get to the wall on Monday as I was hoping we could arrange a get together to sort out all the policy stuff and the new membership system. Any chance we could manage something on Sunday after Bannamin (if that’s still the plan)? We could have a ‘meeting’ in the Marlex and then grab a curry. If we got stuff roughed out then could discuss with Andrew at the wall on Monday. What do you think?

Participant
    #4899 |

I’ve got concerts on Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening and Sunday evening (sorry…not every day the RSNO comes to Shetland). Be happy to meet up on Sunday though.

Participant
    #4900 |

I can’t do daytime sunday! I didn’t realise the RSNO was the whole weekend. Hope you enjoy it all though. I’d like to go myself but just didn’t manage to get myself organised!
    Never mind, I’ll see you at the wall next Monday and we can arrange something then
    R

Participant
    #4902 |

Sats good for me lets hope for a dry day .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.