Grind Weekender 7th-8th July

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #4334 |

OK, so as the weather doesn’t look amazing for this weekend I thought I’d put the Grind weekender back on the following weekend. Fetlar is still happening, will be a laugh and might not be as damp as the forecast suggests.

Anyway, page for Grind weekender is http://www.climbshetland.co.uk/events/grind/ Roll up, roll up!

Any new folk needing more info or directions etc just ask. All welcome.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5439 |

Anyone coming to this then? Looks a bit windy at the moment so camping could be chilly, but fine for climbing.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5440 |

Too much on this w/e – how about postponing for a week (when the heatwave should arrive)

Al
    Keymaster
    #5441 |

i can’t make the following weekend and then away for 2 weeks after that too. But i don’t mind postponing if no one can make it?

Al
    Keymaster
    #5446 |

Well, despite the immense popularity of this weekend, I don’t think it’s going to happen! The Grind was horribly greasy last night and the mist keeps coming in. Saturday isn’t forecast to be great with strong winds and sunday is wet.

If it dries up a few of us may be heading to the Grind on Saturday evening if you’d like to join us?

If you want to rearrange it then suggest a date, but i’ll probably be away…

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5452 |

Still plenty going on at Eshaness on Sunday if you want something to do! – guided walks and a family volcano day at Eshaness Hall. It’s all part of Shetland Nature Festival – http://www.shetlandnaturefestival.co.uk 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5453 |

Claire and the kids’ll probably pop along at some point. I’m working this weekend again.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5454 |

Will be great to see them! But damn this awful weather 🙁 IT’S JULY!!!!!

longa
    Participant
    #5455 |

Took off from Nellis AF Base. Flew around Las Vegas looking at the fountains. Lovely and sunny.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5456 |

Vegas eh? Steady on, you’ll either come back broke or married!

Cheap gag there for anyone who wants it!

longa
    Participant
    #5457 |

Have also been to an 80th birthday party this evening. Free Pimms! Strawberries dipped in chocolate! Line-dancing!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.