hi yall

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4333 |

Hiya, I’m up visiting for the summer (working at NAFC) and looking to get out cragging while the going’s good. I’m not a hotshot by anyone’s stretch, lead Severe, but looking to get the footage done & up my game, and happy to hold a rope and be a second for harder stuff including any multipitching. I’ve got a pretty flexible schedule for the time being so if anyone’s looking for a partner for whatever, give me an email. I’ve got a car, full rack and 10mm/50m single with me. I’ll be staying in Lerwick. Gies a shout.
    Anna

longa
    Participant
    #5417 |

Hi, good to have someone up with gear. What’s your e-mail address?

Andy

Al
    Keymaster
    #5418 |

Hi Anna. I’ve not made it out much this last few weeks but normally about in the evenings and keen if the weathers ok. I usually post on here if I’m thinking of heading somewhere.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5423 |

I’d be happy to second you on severes if you don’t mind belaying a novice leader on V Diffs in return.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5421 |

Hi everyone, email me at ahk4@st-andrews.ac.uk or text me on 07966137338. and I’d be right there with you on the vdiffs. novice as hell here and out of practice 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5424 |

also, maybe you can tell me where some good evening-out single pitch cragging ops are? what about the geos out of lerwick – are they decent? what else is do-able within a 10 min drive/small walk-in? (i’m thinking tomorrow or friday night here, or both?)

longa
    Participant
    #5425 |

Hi,
    The Sletts, just below the Lerwick Hotel, have got some bouldering and soloing on superb rock. They’re also about 50m from my house. There’s an little crag on the Knab which is also good and West-facing. The Ness of Sound (at the end of the road that goes to Tesco’s is also good but much bigger and more difficult of access. The best routes are all VS and above.
    Slightly farther afield, 20 mins drive and 10-15 mins walk are Pundsar and Banna-Minn, both on Burra. Pundsar is a 6m Granite crag near Hamnavoe with some lovely climbing, (Stu Barton’s favourite crag). Banna-Minn is at the South end of Burra and gives slabby climbs, Diff – E3, 25m-ish. Both of these crags face West and are beautiful evening venues. I went soloing at Banna-Minn last night. It was immaculately warm and dry. I’m happy to go to any of them tonight or any night. My number is 07788454932.

Andy Long

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5428 |

fancy it tomorrow, andy? i’m off work officially from 5, but could easily get away at about 3. willl text you. -anna

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.