July Club Trip – 2nd-3rd

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
    Keymaster
    #12561 |

I think we’d decided Papa Stour for the July club trip. People fancy that? We’d need to get organised and book ferries unless people were paddling over. Ferries are 0900 and 1815 Friday and Saturday, Sunday return is 1845. Suggest I could take all the gear over in the van. The camp site is 2 mins walk from the ferry and there’s even a kettle!

Or… somewhere else?

Participant
    #12562 |

im doing fish and chips saturday dinner time in fetlar so cant make it, unless you fancy fish and chips?

Participant
    #12564 |

I’m on for Papa Stour! I also have a van, so if there’s a mass influx of climbers into Papa Stour, I can carry gear too.

#12568 |

Yup I’m keen. Do I need to decide now whether its the Friday night or Saturday morning ferry that I am going to get with regards to booking?

Participant
    #12569 |

Noss open day that weekend πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

Keymaster
    #12570 |

Where’s everyone gone!? There were 20 folk at the last trip! If you want we can delay till next weekend? Looking at the forecast that might be a wise idea…

#12571 |

I’m keen too. Swell direction is not looking great for paddling to Papa Stour though.

Participant
    #12572 |

i’m working this weekend, and the next couple weekends only till half 2 & 3 so should be able to get climbing after work or through the week.
    but means getting to papa Stour probably wont happen for me,

Keymaster
    #12573 |

I don’t think the weather looks reliable enough to go to Papa. Maybe climb somewhere else this weekend and try for the club trip next week?

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12574 |

Was planning on coming… and maybe even posting on the thread so people knew about it! πŸ˜‰ But you’re right, the weather’s looking a bit changeable, and I don’t fancy spending a weekend stuck in the peerie terminal building in the rain.

#12575 |

Yeah sorry I’ve been slow to reply to this. Happy to defer trip to next weekend in the hope of less drizzly weather. I’d be keen for getting out climbing on the weekend if the weather permits though!Hopefully there won’t come too much rain

#12576 |

At the moment the BBC weather forecast is saying its going to be really good weather on Saturday and Sunday so I’m keen for getting out. Not really bothered whether it is to Papa Stour or somewhere else. If Papa Stour is still on (which it doesn’t sound like it is) then it will be the Saturday morning ferry I’ll get.

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12577 |

Papa Stour is definitely off the agenda with this rain/forecast. You need a really nice weekend to make it worthwhile.

Doesn’t look like the weather’s going to play fair, but on the off chance it does turn out to be a beautiful day, I suggest going to Nibon.

Participant
    #12578 |

Sorry haven’t reply as I’m going to noss for the festival and ben is working all weekend so maybe an other weekend.

Participant
    #12580 |

I’m on for climbing anywhere on Sunday!?

Participant
    #12581 |

I’m also up for booking the wall on Sunday for a final climb if anyone else is interested.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.