July trip

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fat Git
    Participant
    #11747 |

Summer might actually have arrived. Any thoughts for July?

Al
    Keymaster
    #11748 |

Well this weekend looks rubbish. I know Pete’s back but busy the weekend of 9/10. So we could either stick with that or try the next weekend?

I think there were still hopes of Muckle Roe or Papa Stour.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11749 |

I’m free this weekend but on holiday the next three. Doesn’t look great weather though, right enough!

Al
    Keymaster
    #11818 |

This weekend looks naff again so shall we go for 18/19th?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #11821 |

I’m working this weekend, so yes.
    Mind you, I’m not sure I’m not working next weekend.
    I’m certainly working the following three weekends though.

pete s
    Participant
    #11829 |

18th 19th works for me šŸ™‚

L’escargot
    Participant
    #11833 |

I’ll be doing the post for the next three weeks so the date doesn’t matter much to me, but the place will. Could make it on the Saturday late afternoon if you go to Muckle Roe. Can’t make it at all if it’s on Papa…

Fat Git
    Participant
    #11834 |

I’m tied up for that weekend now. The good news is I’m free the first w/e in August

Al
    Keymaster
    #11836 |

Let’s just go with this weekend then, otherwise it’s going to end up the August trip! It doesn’t sound like there’s going to be many folk (Andrew, Luke and Christine are away).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #11838 |

I’m actually back, got a thing in Ollaberry on saturday night but could join you during the day

Gwyd
    Participant
    #11839 |

it’s looking like ill be off this weekend as well, Muckle Roe has my vote but im not too fussed as iv not climbed at ether of them yet

Al
    Keymaster
    #11842 |

Don’t think it’s good enough for Muckle Roe again. Shall we just head out on Saturday somewhere? Where do people fancy? I guess north would suit Christine and Aurore (finishes work 3 ish).

Grind, Nibon, Tingon?

Hopefully the forecast will hold for Sunday too.

Gwyd
    Participant
    #11849 |

turns out im working, early finish saturday tho so i can be anywhere by 3ish as well. iv not been to Grind before?? id be happy anywhere tho?

Al
    Keymaster
    #11850 |

The Grind would be good. Anyone up for climbing during the day? With this rain it’s probably not worth an early start but could meet at the crag at 11?

Al
    Keymaster
    #11851 |

I’m going to head over to the Grind now and self belay a few routes. Forecast isn’t so good later this afternoon so don’t know if it’ll be worth heading up Gwyd. See what it looks like.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11856 |

A bit frustrating at the Grind today, the E1 I rigged to wasn’t suitable to self belay and the E4 I wanted a go on was wet! So I came back as everything else was in the shade anyway.

The forecast is a bit wet tonight but crags could be dry by tomorrow lunchtime. NE winds so Tingon, Warie Gill, or can come south to Bannaminn or something? Anyone keen?

Gwyd
    Participant
    #11857 |

there was very good weather central and south, so i drove up after work without checking the forum , weather got more disappointing as i got further north, scrambeld about for a bit- couldnt be botherd to self belay so headed back and went for a kayack instead, we’d have been better of going to the Coall or somewhere similar i think, but hindsight..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.