June Trip – Muckle Roe – 11-12th

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
    Keymaster
    #12498 |

So the plan for this month was Muckle Roe. At the moment the forecast looks ok, but we’ll have to keep an eye on it. This was a great trip last time, camping out at the Hams. You can walk in along the track (about 45mins) or kayak round. There should be spare boats if you fancy this. There is some nice climbing around the Hams, plenty of unclimbed walls and some stacks.

Happy to take my boat in for gear but can’t make it until Saturday.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    #12501 |

looking like ill be free for this one, so far anyway.. definitely up for trying some of the stacks if the opportunity arises!!

Participant
    #12505 |

I’m in Lerwick on Friday and then up for doing something over the weekend. I’ll be rackless though, rather than reckless!!!

Unfortunately I can’t walk that far at the moment with a pack so without a lift in to Muckle Roe, that won’t happen.

If anyone’s up for some cragging Friday night and has a floor to sleep on, or come to think of it just has a floor to sleep on on Friday night without the climbing that would be grand!

Cheers, Ross

Participant
    #12506 |

happy to get some climbing on Friday!! would you have anywhere in mind?

cant offer a place to crash though as my girlfriend starts night shifts on Saturday night so will be staying up all night Friday to adjust to it. our flats a bit of a 1 room wonder…

Participant
    #12507 |

what is the plan for this weekend anyway if their is still a plan?
    Saturdays looking like the nicer day?
    what times would people be thinking to meet/where etc?

Participant
    #12508 |

Ross we can give you a bed in bressa friday if you want to give us a bell, we will be going in to bressa 2130 friday night then heading up sat morn with the rest,we will meet up with al to dump a bit of gear then paddle round ,
    pete

#12509 |

I am for it and my friend matt is coming too, he can climb and kayak quite competently. Can we borrow a boat and paddle for him from anyone? He is on the ferry Friday so we’d be able to go there saturday morning too. Forecast is looking pretty good at the moment!

Participant
    #12510 |

I’v agreed to work Sunday (need money) but will be around Saturday morning till whenever. ‘Might’ borrow one of dads kayaks depends if I can be bothered to walk with my rack that far and what mode of travel gets their the earliest…
    I’d be up for heading out early to get the most out of the day since I’ll only have Saturday! 🙂

Participant
    #12511 |

Starting to look like a Saturday morning start. Am I right?

Keymaster
    #12512 |

I’m not quite sure about the weekend yet, got a wedding Friday night anyway so won’t be early if I do come. Kevin, are you taking your boat too? I might bring the boat round the scenic way from Eshaness in which case I’d be there around 12 assuming it’s not too choppy.

Keymaster
    #12513 |

Christine, I have 2 kayaks, paddles, decks, cags etc but they’re in Eshaness! I can get stuff out if you want to pick them up though.

#12514 |

If I could borrow one kayak and two sets of paddle and kit for Matt and Luke that would be great.

When are you leaving in the morning? Could we give you our kit at the same time to take on the boat?

Is there a plan for dinner or sort it out ourselves?

Are people paddling around the north or south? And what time? Earliest we could get there for is probably 10 am.

WOOOHOOOO

Participant
    #12515 |

The weather sounds like it’s going to be good after all 😉
    Ben and I are coming. Ben is working on sunday so he will be there only Saturday and I only have a sleeping bag and pad so I would need a tent if anyone has a spare one? or if any spare space I’m wee so I don’t take much space 😉
    As for food and stuff are we having a bbq or it’s bring your own? What’s the plan?

Participant
    #12516 |

Verena,I have a spare tent I can lend you.

Participant
    #12517 |

who’s all thinking to walk in then?

as a first draft plan how would meeting at the start of the ‘hams track’ at 9 work for people..?

i could do earlier but 9 seems reasonable, once you consider the walk in- inevitable faff at the start-and getting set up at the other end..??

thoughts?

Participant
    #12518 |

(assuming that’s usualy where you walk from..?)

Keymaster
    #12519 |

Al – I could take my boat – but have no way of getting it up to Muckle Roe. I’ve got a trailer and lighting board but no tow bar. Does anyone have a vehicle with a towbar and electrics? Boat is only 150kg, engine around 45kg, and trailer fairly light, so could be pulled by anything.

Participant
    #12520 |

I can tow your boat Kevin. Where will I find you?

Keymaster
    #12521 |

Good stuff Kevin. Ross may want a lift too as he’s not up to walking at the moment. I will get there with my boat eventually but would be handy for you to take stuff too.

If there ends up being stuff left at the cars that can’t fit in kayaks I’m sure me or Kevin can pick it up later on.

Keymaster
    #12522 |

Christine – probably best to sort gear-taking with Kevin. If I come from Eshaness I need a light boat! But will do trips back to the marina later on if needed. I’m more planning to chill than climb!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.