Keen to get involved!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4504 |

Hi all,

I’m a keen climber (both bouldering and trad) from Plymouth University, I’ll be coming up to stay on Unst for a 5 week field trip from the 22nd of May 2014, would love to explore the Shetlands and its climbing scene. Has anyone any advice to help me out? Anyone in need of a belay?

Cheers
    Will M

Al
    Keymaster
    #6598 |

Hi Will. Sounds good, definitely up for a climb… If you’re staying in Unst there’s some decent climbing there mainly in the north east at an area called Skaw Point. It’s a bit quiet up here at the moment due to the weather really but come May we’ll be out plenty so just post up on here and someone will be out somewhere.

http://shetlandclimbing.info/?trad-crag=skaw-point-the-buss

Ross
    Participant
    #6601 |

If the weather is fine I should be up for something most days, so the difficulty may be fitting in your course work! However most of the climbing is off Unst!

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6602 |

Plymouth Uni + Unst + 5 week field trip = geologist?
    There’s good climbing on Fetlar too and potential for new stuff on Unst.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #6603 |

Thanks for the reply guys! Sounds positive! Good to hear there’s a bit to go at on Unst, but I don’t mind travelling to other islands for a climb either!
    You guessed correct, I’m a 2nd year geologist up mapping an area for 4 weeks but staying for 5, so should have a fair bit of time off, I’ll try bring as much gear and rope up as possible, but space and weight may be limited! I’ll post again closer to the time and hopefully get something organised. Thanks again!

Will

pete s
    Participant
    #6604 |

hi I live in fetlar and work on the ferry should be able to get a few climbs in the evening after work, give me a shout once your up,

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #6605 |

Hi there, sounds good to me, I’ll let you know nearer the time when I’m up and hopefully get some climbing in!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.