Lakes Trip.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • longa
    Participant
    #4436 |

I’m trying to get organised with the Lakes Trip. Last week in August, though the exact dates not yet decided. I suggest we camp in Langdale. I need to get an idea who’ll be up for it, so I can start booking.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6132 |

Much as I would love to climb in the Lakes, I probably won’t be able to come as I’m already on holiday for the beginning of August.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6134 |

I’m game

Al
    Keymaster
    #6135 |

I won’t be coming I’m afraid – work will be too busy that month.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6167 |

Craven Pothole Club have their Gaping Gill winch meet 17-26 August which might be an added attraction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaping_Gill .
    http://www.cravenpotholeclub.org/gg_contentpage.aspx?Page=GapingGill.Visit&Group=GapingGill

pete s
    Participant
    #6168 |

im of the last week so thats a yes ,julie as well

julie maguire
    Participant
    #6169 |

The Lake District – Sunny weather ,grippy rock ,graceful climbing …. non of these things will be found potholing…sign me up!

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6170 |

Oh, but think of all the mud you’ll find underground – t’s fantastic for your complexion

longa
    Participant
    #6171 |

I’ve now got Stu, Jonathan, Pete, Julie & me. Can any other people let me know for certain so I can make arrangements by the end of the week please.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6172 |

I’d be in but need to check with work if it’d be ok to take a few days off. Would it be the whole week (from 26th)?

pete s
    Participant
    #6174 |

For me boat sat night rtu sat

rockhopper
    Participant
    #6175 |

Bina wants to go as well especially if you can guarantee it to be sunny and warm.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6178 |

No problem Bina, you’ll be with bright and warm people.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6179 |

I thought she was going with you guys!? šŸ˜›

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6180 |

I can feel a chill… šŸ˜‰

longa
    Participant
    #6183 |

OK, so that’s Stu, Bina, Pete, Julie, Jonathan & me. Ferry South on 24th Aug & return on 31st. I’m going to be down there already & will have van. Who’s taking vehicles?

Also, 26th is the English Bank Holiday, so it might be an idea to split the journey and have a day in, say, Northumberland. Once decided I’ll try & book either Bays Brown or the Nasty Trust campsite, though we could camp almost anywhere.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6184 |

I’ll take my car down but I’ll probably be going south on the 22nd and coming back the first week in Sept by way of Wick (don’t ask!)

pete s
    Participant
    #6185 |

i will go strait to lancaster for the first night and catch up with you monday morn

longa
    Participant
    #6186 |

Judging by the various itineraries, it’s probably best if people just went and booked their own ferries rather than me trying to coordinate some great migration.

longa
    Participant
    #6187 |

Right, that’s me booked on ferry. Going down on the 13th, visiting family, then a week in Edinburgh. Down to the Lakes on Sunday 25th sated with culture high and low. Returning on Saturday night 31st ferry. Mary going back on her own on 26th.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.