Lakes trip.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • longa
    Participant
    #4424 |

At the AGM on Saturday 20th some interest was shown in a possible trip to the Lake District this summer.

For those of you who’ve not been there, there’s loads of accessible climbing of all grades, decent campsites & good pubs. There are also some bad weather escapes in the Eden Valley & St. Bees, or even Northumberland. For plastic-pullers, Kendal has a magnificent climbing wall. The climbing shops are ruinously good.

Many crags are of the friendly kind where people can safely learn to lead as well as discover the novel experience of belaying to trees.

The suggested time was the last week in August, this being still more or less summer down there, while Shetland is already beginning its descent into shrieking blackness.

At the moment I’m just canvassing opinion. Who’s up for it or would be if the date were different?

By the way, in line with a decision at the AGM there would be a small contribution towards transport costs from club funds.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6080 |

I would be up for it, but I may not be able to have time off in August or September as we have some big projects starting.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6081 |

Have a friend up here until the 18th. After that I’d defo be up for it but it might depend on my job situation as well..

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6082 |

I’d be up for it too – end of August would suit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.