May Club Trip – Intro / Refresher Day

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
    Keymaster
    #12350 |

So we decided at the AGM that the May club trip would be aimed at those new to climbing outside or still honing their skills! Basically an easy intro to the season…

The weather looks good for this weekend so how about Saturday at Bannaminn or Fidlar Geo?

#12351 |

I’m not a club member but its never stopped me inviting myself to your events in the past, so yeah I’ll come.

#12352 |

Yeah sounds good to me. Never been to Fidlar geo……..but either is fine

Participant
    #12353 |

According to the Norwegian forecast (for Lerwick!) Saturday will have rain in the afternoon. Sunday is looking OK though.

Wind from SE so B-M might be the better bet. Greater range of grades too.

Participant
    #12354 |

Yeah, I’m on for trying my first outdoor climb dis weekend. Any day any venue suits me.

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12355 |

Okay for Sat, quite enjoyed pottering about at Fidlar last year but Bannaminn would be okay as an alternative if the wind direction is better.

All of this assumes that the flexor tendon strain I acquired yesterday evening is hurting a bit less by the weekend!

Participant
    #12356 |

Working on Saturday… :-/

Participant
    #12357 |

Looks like Dimanche then.

Keymaster
    #12358 |

Don’t mind really. Wind direction is better for Saturday. I’ll only be there in the afternoon – I forgot I have the lighthouse to clean!

Keymaster
    #12359 |

Count me in, my personal preference is Fidlar geo as it has lovely rock and huge range of routes, but happy to go anywhere.

As for days – either Saturday or Sunday, or even better, Saturday AND Sunday!

Can share/ provide transport from Scalloway / Brig o’ Fitch.

I’ll bring spare harnesses in case anyone needs them.

Participant
    #12360 |

Yes for Saturday, but I can’t come on Sunday

Participant
    #12362 |

Saturday works for me too 🙂 not Sunday.

Keymaster
    #12363 |

Saturday at Fidlar Geo then? I’ll catch up with you all in the afternoon. Crag info here: http://shetlandclimbing.info/?trad-crag=fidlar-geo

Participant
    #12366 |

not 100% as to weather ill make it yet,
    but what time are people expecting to get there? (I’m working till half 2 so might not show..)

but if I were to make it id vote for Fidlar Geo also – feels more like a day out to me than bannamin 🙂

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12367 |

Wind direction has gone to the North now, so Fidlar should be okay. Morning looks a bit better than the afternoon, hopefully get another day like today!

Meet at 9:30 in the car park?

#12368 |

0930 is cool with me! I’ll be travelling from Scalloway as well so if you are wanting to share transport Kevin then my mobile number is 07799653046 for making arrangements.

Participant
    #12369 |

will see you there

Keymaster
    #12370 |

Scallaway area. Me and Colin are going to meet 0820 at East Voe marina for 0830 depart. We can sort out cars and gear there.

Participant
    #12371 |

I’ll meet up wi you at da East Voe marina at 0820, as I have no idea whar Fidlar Geo is! I’ll have the van, so I can carry plenty of gear up, if anybody is pushed for room in their car.

#12372 |

Unlikely that i’ll make 8:20 at east voe I reckon, so I’ll see you there at some point in the morning

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.