May Club Trip – Unst – 9/10th

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Fat Git
    Participant
    #11415 |

I second Andrew’s suggestion – a nice boulder beach there for a Barbie too.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11416 |

Sounds good. We’ll be in the van by the track (Stevie’s in his van too). Pete suggested a grassed over gravel pit near the track is a good spot if it’s windy as it’s sheltered. It’s just as you turn off the Skaw road apparently. I guess we can decide when we get there.

pete s
    Participant
    #11417 |

i will bring a spare boat and my surfkayak +surfboard for a laugh

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11419 |

Since it’s lambing time, has anyone checked with whoever uses this ground that they are happy for us to camp there?

I could quickly find out who to speak to if no-one has contacted crofter.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    Al
    Keymaster
    #11421 |

I think Pete has.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11430 |

Anyone hear if Pete checked?

What’s the story with veehicles? I’m scrounging a lift with Al and Aurore but is everyone else booked on separately? Seems a bit daft to end up with a dozen cars going across!

Fat Git
    Participant
    #11432 |

I’ll have three boats on my roof so I’ll definitely be taking my car up. I can squeeze one or perhaps two more bodies in

Al
    Keymaster
    #11433 |

I posted up before that we could meet at 1830 to sort cars out before the ferry… We need to take ours and have 1 more space.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11435 |

Yeah I know, I saw that but thought it would be a bit late to book the ferry by then! šŸ˜‰

Al
    Keymaster
    #11436 |

ah ok. yeah I don’t normally bother booking but did today. I guess we’d just need 1 other car to go up… Stevie will have 2 spaces in his van but not sure if he’s coming on that ferry.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #11437 |

Soooo I’ll be heading up early saturday morning I reckon. Hopefully where you guys are camped shouldn’t be too hard to find…..and if your out climbing early morning I’ll mooch around till I find you. If you’re out kayaking I won’t know where you are so I’ll sit in my tent in the rain….I will bring scallops to the barbecue if that’s something people would be interested in!

pete s
    Participant
    #11438 |

will bring spare boat as well

pete s
    Participant
    #11439 |

how many boats do i need to bring cos i could carry a copple out on foot and leve them at belmont also are you planning a trip or just messing around at the beach

longa
    Participant
    #11440 |

Taking my van but getting the 17.25 from Toft.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11441 |

I’m taking my car, booked onto 1855 from Toft.

I’m picking up Natalie from Lerwick at 1730, but have room for 1 or 2 more depending on how much gear I pack (I like my comforts!)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #11442 |

I’m keen for either surf or sea kayaking so will be happy for any spare boats I can use! I’m driving from Lerwick but have to get back early on Sunday to fly down south so have booked myself on the ferries separately (Toft Friday 1855, leaving Unst at 9.30 Sunday). Happy to share if someone else is leaving at that time?

Al
    Keymaster
    #11443 |

Great weekend! Thanks everyone. Good timing with the weather – foul out there now!

It would be good to get some photos up on the site. You can either upload them, or I can copy them across from Facebook if you are posting them there anyway.

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.