Membership Fees

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4257 |

Just wondering whether a decision had been made on a new membership fee structure, how much it is for the various groups (if there are any) and when the club year starts from?

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #4854 |

I think we agreed on £13 basic membership plus £13.50 wall supplement for those that want cheaper wall rates.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4855 |

Aye that we did. Up to sec to actually roll it out, although the membership now runs from May so it makes sense to start it then…. From minutes:

“After some discussion it was agreed to have:

1) Basic Membership at £15 which gives members MCoS membership and use of club equipment.

2) Membership with Wall Supplement at £26.50 which gives members MCoS membership, discounted wall use, free chalk balls and use of club equipment”

So worth paying extra if you climb at the wall or manage to get through 7 chalk balls a year! We did suggest £13 but MCofS alone is £13.50 which has doubled in the past few years!

Child/family was discussed but not agreed. It was supposed to be the subject of a further meeting but we also agreed to switch AGMs to May so we may as well just do it then. As it stands there is no Under 16s reduced membership fee, and full U16 membership is £13.50 anyway I think.

http://www.climbshetland.co.uk/2011/minutes-of-climb-shetland-meeting-9th-dec-2011/

longa
    Participant
    #4859 |

Membership runs from April 1st. This was done to fit in with the MCofS financial year. It had been very awkward dealing with the reduced fees paid by people joining later in the year.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4860 |

Better to start it then anyway as it’s the start of the climbing season in Shetland, so more likely to inspire people to join.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4861 |

Ah sorry, wrong month… close enough!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4858 |

I have horns.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4871 |

Interesting…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4862 |

eh?

longa
    Participant
    #4856 |

I don’t know what he means either, but it reminds me of an occasion at school when one of our teachers got his geography a bit mixed up and referred to “the Cape of Good Horn”. Quite brightened up a dull lesson for a class of dirty-minded fourteen year-olds.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.