Membership renewal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • longa
    Participant
    #13886 |

Hi folks. Memberships are due again on 1st April. There are one or two things I need to explain about this.

I have to inform Mountaineering Scotland of all active members as of 1st April, otherwise our club insurance isn’t valid. All active memberships are automatically carried over to the next year unless I cancel them, and so the club is automatically liable for those memberships, currently £16.25 for an adult. This liability remains even if you bugger off later in the year.

Subscriptions are reduced incrementally each month for NEW members so, for example, someone joining in October pays only £10.25 to take them up to the following March. It doesn’t mean you get a discount if you can’t be arsed to pay ’till October because you’ve already been renewed and insured since April.

We don’t actually have to pay MS until December but I don’t want to fall into the trap of people disappearing off the scene before they’d paid leaving the club to take the financial hit. Hence I’ll be chasing people up sharpish!

On the subject of the Climb Shetland subs, we need to discuss this but I’d suggest we leave any consideration of the climbing wall out of it until the protocols are sorted out.

There are four people who may need, or wish, to be “de-actvated” this year:

Robina
    Christine
    Al
    Aurore

If you could let me know ASAP.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #13888 |

As well as being a member of the coolest climbing club in Shetland, membership also brings a shed load of other benefits:
    Accociate membership of ClimbScotland / Moutaineering Scotland, which entitles you to a range of discounts on activities and outdoorsie gear:
    https://www.mountaineering.scot/members/members-benefits/your-discounts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.