Mirki Wall, Bressay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Participant
    #11731 |

We finally made a visit to climb Ghost Town two weeks ago. A fantastic route found by Pete and Julie. The crag is now written up and on SCI. Details below:

Mirki Wall

Grid Reference: HU 520 391
    Approach: 25 Minutes
    Rock Type: Sandstone
    Tidal: No
    Aspect: South

DESCRIPTION

A fine 30m south facing wall just south of the distinctive Mirki Geo. The wall sports some of the best climbing on Bressay.

ACCESS

Park at the car park at HU525408 and head south passed Muckle Hell and the Loch of Grimsetter. Access is by abseil.

ROUTES

1 Ghost Town 30m HVS 5a ***
    The fine corner.
    Peter Sawford, Julie Maguire. 3 Sep 2008.

2 Soft Rock 30m HS 4b
    Start as for Ghost Town. At 4m traverse right to pull through flakes on to the wall above. Climb the wall above to a right trending crack to beneath an overhang and finish to the left.
    Peter Sawford, Julie Maguire. 3 Sep 2008.

3 Deacon 25m E1 5b **
    Climb the crack right of the corner direct through several breaks and the fine crack above.
    Ross I Jones, Mike Soldner. 4 Jun 2015.

4 Green Lily 30m E1 5b *
    Climb the small hanging left facing corner and crack above, trending slightly right before climbing cracks and breaks direct to finish right of the overhang.
    Ross I Jones, Mike Soldner. 4 Jun 2015.

5 Motion Suspended 30m E2 5c ***
    Climb the wall just left of the hanging slot. Pull out right using a small crack and up to an overhang (crux). Climb out leftwards around the overhang and up cracks and breaks that trend out to the right to finish.
    Mike Soldner, Ross I Jones. 4 Jun 2015.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster
    #11735 |

Looks good, cheers. It’s now on ShetlandClimbing.info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.