Muckle Hell

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #4489 |

I’ve done a few topos for Muckle Hell on SCi website. Can people check over them for me? Thanks Jonathan for the piccies!

Veng next?!

http://shetlandclimbing.info/?trad-crag=crocodile-wall

Once I know they’re right I’ll get the miniguide done. Is the black wall at Muckle Hell photo-able for a topo?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6515 |

If someone can show me where the black wall is I’ll try to photograph it. Veng might need a kayak trip to photograph.
    Anna and I climbed something between 1 and 2 on Crocodile last year. I’m sure it must have been done before but I’d have to be there to work out where it is.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6516 |

Yeah, we climbed a line there when we did the taster session for the nature fest. Was an ok route, probably no more than Vdiff. Starts up a blocky bulge then climb the easy angled slab above. Sound right?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6517 |

A blocky bulge to start, for sure, but I don’t remember an easy angled slab. Anna led with much swearing and I struggled after so probably more than V.diff since I’d just led no.3 (severe) without too much trouble

Ross
    Participant
    #6544 |

I have a load of photos taken back in 2008 for topos, on a typically grey day, so not perfect! These include Black Wall. I’ll create a topo for Black Wall and talk you through the location of the other lines dotted around the place when I see you. I’ve uploaded the the photos to the drop box in a file under Muckle Hell topos. I’ve also included the “secret buttress” that Pete banned me from climbing on until Julie bagged her first ascent. It looks a lovely wee route. The route descriptions and names from 2011 are also more up to date than the one’s you have loaded up. When writing up Crocodile Wall I missed out quite a few of the routes as they were all wee and all about Diff, as far as Pete could remember and before anyone shouts I wasn’t being gradest, it just they are all small, about Diff and more akin to being boulder problems.

Ross
    Participant
    #6545 |

I’ve made a topo for Black Wall and popped a few photos from the first ascents in the file as well. I’ve moved the photos to crag database photos.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.