Nature Festival – Monday 6th

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #11760 |

So the nature festival is coming up very soon. Monday in fact. The venue is still TBC (currently Bressay Muckle Hell but might change to Pundsar if I can). Basically there will be about 10 folk, kids and adults there to try climbing. So we set up a few top ropes on different difficulties and maybe even an abseil.

So this is just a heads up that 1. We won’t be at the wall, and 2. if you are free and want to come and help then all able belayers are welcome! There’s usually time to get in a climb or 2 ourselves anyway.

I assume the retired one will be heading to pre-rig? I have 2 short single ropes for top roping. Bring one if you have one.

I’ll post up venue and meeting time once we know! Wet weather option will be the wall.

longa
    Participant
    #11761 |

Yes I will go along and pre-rig. Pundsar will need two set-ups. If we do change and haven’t managed to contact everyone someone will need to be at the Bressay ferry (this side!) to intercept them. Weather looking a bit dubious but the forecast is changing so often that it’ll be down to the wire where we go…

Al
    Keymaster
    #11794 |

Still waiting for the list from them. Just called so hopefully have it tomorrow.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11801 |

Rona + 1 pal keen to come Monday nature fest outing, await venue conf. + fingers crossed wadder.

Gwyd
    Participant
    #11807 |

there’s a chance i may be able to head over aswell, I’m happy to do a bit of belaying; goofing around outsides’ probably more fun than the clickamin. plus it’d be good to see some of the climbing in Bressay as iv not done any there yet. if i do what ferry would people be getting? and what time would the thing officially start? I ‘should’ be free all day tomorrow šŸ™‚

Al
    Keymaster
    #11808 |

I’m thinking with north westerlies it’s probably best to stick with Bressay? I’ve had another request for an extra person to come. Think that’ll be ok?

The weather isn’t looking great at the moment. Andy, would you be able to intercept folk at the ferry if we decide to change to the clickimin? I can’t make it down any earlier than 6pm.

The plan is to get the 6pm ferry to Bressay.

longa
    Participant
    #11809 |

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. Looks as though it should have dried up by the time we’re over there, so I’ll go over to Bressay and set up. I dare say I can come back if it’s raining and stop them at the ferry.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11810 |

Great. I’ll let this other person know they can come.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11811 |

I’ve got space for 3 people.

See you at 6pm ferry.

longa
    Participant
    #11813 |

Not looking too good at the moment. The scramble to the base of the crag is lethal if wet. I’m going over on the 13.30 after I’ve stolen some helmets and harnesses from the Click. It’ll give me time to rig and monitor conditions, plus get back and warn you all if it’s a no-go. I’ll leave the set-up overnight if necessary and de-rig tomorrow.

Andy

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11814 |

It’s dry on the Bressay side, so we’re going to go ahead. We can get one of the ferries back and still have time to take them to the wall if the weather deteriorates.

longa
    Participant
    #11816 |

Folks, I seem to have acquired a second Petzl Elios helmet (the pale blue one). It was obviously issued to one of the clients on Monday night and returned to me in error. Anybody?

Andy

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11817 |

Oh yeah, I had a blue Elios that I handed out, cheers!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.