Nature Festival

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
    Keymaster
    #12486 |

That time of year again. We have a choice of Monday 4th July or Friday 8th July. They would prefer us to do Friday if possible. That ok for folk?

Suggestions of venues? Usually we cap it at 10 but I would say 12 would be fine…

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12487 |

Friday the 8th is ok for me. Might’ve been nice to try somewhere new.

Participant
    #12488 |

Er, harnesses?

Keymaster
    #12490 |

Thought we had plenty in the club now Andy, plus spares people can bring…

Participant
    #12491 |

We should have by then, just about. It’ll save me having to burgle the Click anyway.

Keymaster
    #12502 |

Its peerie bairns sizes we may need to borrow, (small adults are still too big for most 12 year olds) and there were a lot of bairns last year.
    I’m open to any venue, but it needs to be a relatively short walk-in, no-abbing to crag, safe rock and good stance, does that leave much apart from Bressay for an evening session?
    Andy, is there anything suitable at the Sletts?

Participant
    #12503 |

No, ‘fraud not.

Participant
    #12504 |

Sorry, ‘fraid not (bloody spellchecker).

Keymaster
    #12584 |

Just a reminder that this is next week! Friday 8th. Anyone any suggestions for venue as I need to let SAT know to pass on to the group.

Personally I think the choices are really between the South Gill and Muckle Hell. I can’t think of anywhere else with easy access, short walk in and easy routes! So maybe we are best just sticking with Muckle Hell after all!

Are we sorted for harnesses?

Participant
    #12587 |

I’ve got five spare harnesses, including two small ones (though not kid specific). With all the other spares we should just about manage it. We could also put out a call to borrow from any members who aren’t coming. Actually, if all you’re doing is operate a top rope you can get away with a triple sit-sling. We’ll be fine.

Keymaster
    #12588 |

Yeah there’s no real need for belayers to have harnesses if we’re short. Anyway we’ve got at least 4 here and can belay with old ones.

#12589 |

I’ve got a couple of spare harnesses as well. Happy to come and help out on the friday. I assume its in the evening?

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12590 |

Andy, are you able to make it after all?

Participant
    #12591 |

Yes I am. I went south this last week instead of next.

Keymaster
    #12592 |

I’m available Friday. I’ll bring the 5 club harnesses + 1 childs sit harness.
    I’d agree muchle hell is good venue for safe access and pleasant routes.

Participant
    #12596 |

I have a couple of harnesses you can borrow if you’re short. They’re not small size though :p I’ll be on Unst on Friday so won’t be able to help ferry folk across Bressay

Keymaster
    #12601 |

Is the club minibus available?

Keymaster
    #12602 |

With Bina, Joanthan and Pete not arround for transport it is going to be expensive to send everyone over to Bressay as we’ll need 4 cars taking (maybe more – 12 folk climbing!)

Do we think Pundsar could work?

Participant
    #12609 |

Pundsar could work. I’ve just been there and think I’ve worked out a modus operandi. Low tide is at 18.34 BST which is very handy, as long as the weather’s OK.

AndrewAndrew
    Keymaster
    #12611 |

Sounds good, Andy.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.