New Facebook Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #10562 |

I’ve created a Facebook page for the club as a way to keep up to date on the website as people seem to be missing (not checking) forum posts. All new forum posts automatically get posted to the FB page to notify folk that something’s been posted. Same goes for news, trips etc.

https://www.facebook.com/climbshetland

To make sure you get notified on FB of new posts, “like” the page and then click on “Liked” and select “Get Notifications”.

P.S Sorry Andrew – I understand you may now wish to leave the club. 😉

longa
    Participant
    #10564 |

Well, I quite like the page, but how do I “Like” it? I see a “Like” for one of the pictures but nowhere else.

longa
    Participant
    #10565 |

I hate Facebook. We’ve got this jerk in the Drama Group who put up “(his name) is Watching Dragon’s Den” the other day. WTF cares…

Al
    Keymaster
    #10569 |

There are 2 ways of dealing with such folk… either “unfriend” them, or hide their posts. Or tell them to stop posting utter tripe.

Anyway the “Like” button is on the header image (the Bannaminn sunset one). That’s for the page, not the image.

I mainly hate Facebook at the moment as I seem to have a lot of friends who are ski-touring and mountaineering in very cool places and I’m sitting in an office on a demolition site! Roll on weather for climbing!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #10571 |

Oh joy of joys.

julie maguire
    Participant
    #10616 |

Used to be indifferent to Facebook but now love it’s versatility once you get the hang of it its a great social tool that you can personalise I don’t want to know that someone’s having baked bean’s for tea but I can unfollow them and still be their ‘friend’ likewise I can ‘chat’ to climbers that inspire me like steph Davis or Beth Caldwell without them seeing my drivel!
    Glad website now has Facebook as that’s where we all hang out anyway when we’re stuck at work Pining for the Fyords !

Al
    Keymaster
    #10665 |

Glad some of you like it 😉 I’ve also added a few other bits and bobs to the site, including adding images to the forums, as I shall now demonstrate…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.