Nibon – Help Please!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #4366 |

So went for a nice damp walk to Nibon the other day and had a good look around to try and see how easy it was to find the lines of routes from the SCi database page. Turns out there are a few issues. I’ve not climbed at Nibon much so I’d appreciate those that may know to have a look over the page and see if you can correct it.

The main issue is in what I’ve called the North Geo. Routes reference others in the descriptions in a way that makes them impossible to be in the right order. The order that I’ve written them in has come direct from SMC updates and FA’s recorded on climb shetland in the past.

Most of the crag can be “photo topoed” from the sea so I’ll do that next spring now I have a boat again. Even though you can’t always see the wall from the land, they will still make it much simpler.

If you can either suggest edits on here, or just log in and edit the page directly that’d be appreciated.

http://shetlandclimbing.info/?trad-crag=nibon

longa
    Participant
    #5647 |

Al, as you know I’ve been away on holiday. On the boat as I type. I’ll get stuck into the Nibon job as soon as I’m back.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5648 |

cool, cheers andy…

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5649 |

I’m having a look at it just now as I climbed most of the new routes with Ross.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5650 |

Hokay.

Have updated the Nibon page. Think it’s right as far as Puissance. I’ve not climbed any of the routes on the North facing wall so have left them for Andy.

– Photo Topos –

North Wall
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50882913/North%20Geo%20-%20North%20Wall.jpg

Routes:
    1. Boo Boo
    2. The Ecstasy of Gold
    3. Per Mare Per Terram
    4. Yogi Braer
    5. Stridey Legs Crack
    6. Sweetness & Light
    7. Da Njugle

South Wall/Leg of Arch
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50882913/North%20Geo%20-%20South%20Wall.jpg

Routes:
    1. Oblique Rays of the Sun
    2. Fulmarfication
    3. Tystie Crack
    4. Puissance

The only one I’m not sure about is Black Eyed Biddy. I had thought this was either 2 or 3, but turns out it’s not. I’m now wondering if it’s actually my line Oblique Rays of the Sun.. but the description is ambiguous! Andy, do you know which line it is??

Al
    Keymaster
    #5651 |

Nice one… Can you stick those topos in the SCi dropbox with the data files if you did them with BETA Creator?

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5652 |

Yeah, am going to do that later on 🙂 Took me all morning to get that lot sorted out, so left it once I was finished with that bit!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5653 |

There was some seriously confusing cross-referencing in that list!! Haha.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.