Pobie Skeo on Friday

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #11704 |

Anyone up for a wee jaunt to Pobie Skeo on Friday? We’re in town during the day but will probably head out early evening.

http://shetlandclimbing.info/?trad-crag=pobie-skeo

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11719 |

Quite fancy that. I can’t stay too late, but what time will you be heading down there?

Al
    Keymaster
    #11721 |

Should be able to get there about 5.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11723 |

Thought I’d better mention on here that I’m going. Although the weather doesn’t look like it’s going to play nice.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11728 |

Eh? Forecast looks great! Dry and no wind!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #11729 |

It does now!!! It didn’t when I wrote that.

Kevin
    Keymaster
    #11730 |

I’ll be down a bit later, probably around 6pm. See you there.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11733 |

Cracking evening tonight. A few new routes and repeats.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ross
    Participant
    #11738 |

A nice photo with the warm glow on the rock of the pending sunset šŸ™‚ Glad that you’ve been out enjoying Summer at last.

There’s a couple of lines still to be written up from our visit in Sept 2013. One by Pete and another by me. I’ll do this at some stage.

Al
    Keymaster
    #11739 |

Probably the same ones we did! They were all fairly similar really except maybe the VS I did. But that was really just in between 2 lines.

We’ll regrade the 2 Vdiffs at the left end at Severe, they’re a bit stiff for VD!

Ross
    Participant
    #11740 |

I didn’t have a decent photo to mark them up but I’ve found one. Probably one of yours Al! Pete’s line is on the left and mine on the right.

I mainly remember holding Andrew’s ropes that evening and climbing the splendid Silent Street.

I climbed a line direct though the nose between Tabloid and Wast Side Story and up the wall above. The nose direct was really awkward. I think Jonathon avoided this section on second. The second line I climbed may have been up the wall between Steptoe and One Trick Pony, but my memory is hazy as I was struggling to locate routes without a photo topo. Pete seconded me as Jonathon wasn’t feeling that well that afternoon. So if you climbed a line here then claim it.

So did Andrew have another attempt at his gnarly line again?

Whilst Andrew and I were off climbing Silent Street. Pete climbed a route between Charlie Crumb and Tabloid. The line can suffer from some seepage, which it was on that day and climbs the thin crack in the wall above the start. Jonathon may have seconded him on this or just held the ropes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.