Recent Site Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #4217 |

Now then all. We’re still having issues with the site, although image uploading should work most of the time so don’t be put off!

As a part of debugging the site, we’ll be switching off certain features of the site to see what is causing the problem. For now the MET office weather widget in the footer (when you click the + button) has gone. If other features like the forum etc disappear, don’t worry, we’ll put them back soon!!

longa
    Participant
    #4597 |

Thanks Al. You’ve got your work cut out on this one!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #4598 |

Things are looking up hopefully. Looks like we’re getting closer to figuring out what’s causing it.

If it is what we think it’s not really a problem as switching it off will have no effect on the usability of the site.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4599 |

Oooh tempting fate by posting on here… šŸ˜‰ Its been 18 hours and the sites not crashed yet, so looking good!

It does mean that me and Andrew don’t get to see pretty graphs showing how many people look at the site any more šŸ™

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #4600 |

Haha, I did think that as I was posting, maybe a bit premature.. šŸ˜› Looking good so far though!

I don’t know how I’ll cope without those graphs though!! :'( I’ll send you an email later Re. stats.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #4602 |

Quick update on the image uploading issue.
    Things are looking good so far, we’ve still not had any of the files that were causing the problem created and it’s been two days now, so hopefully that’s the problem solved.

We’ll probably wait another day or two before declaring it fixed though as these things have a habit of reappearing just as you say they’ve gone (as happened last time!!).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.