Route Setting

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Andrew
    Keymaster
    #4507 |

Alright all. It’s about time we got the wall changed before the weather gets to the point where we’ll never get it done!

The best time is probably as soon as the winter trip gang get back, so either the 28th/1st or the 7th/8th, stripping the wall on the Fri evening and setting all day Sat as last time.

Is either weekend particularly bad for anyone? I’ll phone Robbie next week and check availability.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6616 |

Either will do just fine… Stripping the wall on fri night and setting on sat worked well last time…

pete s
    Participant
    #6618 |

28th bressa uphelly AAAA

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6619 |

Okay, 7th/8th would be better then as Bressay UHA would rule out quite a few people.

rockhopper
    Participant
    #6620 |

7th and 8th good for me. I might be doing something for the Bressay Up Helly Aa….

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6621 |

…shaving perhaps :p

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6622 |

Spoke to Robbie earlier in the week and Sat 8th is booked solid. In fact every Saturday until 5th April is booked up.
    We can get Sun 9th March. I won’t be there but Al and Aurore are free and I’m assuming a majority of others probably will be?
    I’ll phone later today and book that and an evening beforehand to strip the holds.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6623 |

Wall is booked for 2 hrs 6:30-8:30 on Sat 8th to strip the routes. We’d probably also better do some on Monday 3rd.
    Sun 9th is booked all day for setting. We can arrange for extra time in the following weeks if needed; it would be good to get all the holds on and a good spread of grades so we might well need some extra hours (I’d also like to set at least one! 😉 ).

longa
    Participant
    #6625 |

Yeah, I’m good for that weekend. I’ll do the noddy routes as usual. Looks like you had a reasonable time Sooth.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6626 |

Good for us too. Could go for some food and a pint after Saturday night strip session. I would think we can manage to strip them all in 2hrs if there are enough of us.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6627 |

Cool. Food on Sat sounds good; not sure about the pint, though! 😛

longa
    Participant
    #6628 |

Shetland strip club.

pete s
    Participant
    #6629 |

Good for me not sure about food.sure about the pint

Al
    Keymaster
    #6632 |

I’ve ordered 3 more 6mm T-wrenches seeing as the club ones have gone walkies. Hopefully they’ll arrive in time.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6633 |

Good idea! Sure those things have legs or something…

Al
    Keymaster
    #6634 |

Is it worth taking some buckets and brushes along and try to clean the holds as they come off? Don’t think we’re going to have time to dishwasher them. Plus only Andy has a dishwasher i think…

longa
    Participant
    #6635 |

Good idea. I’m not sure all that chalk is good for the dishwasher.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6636 |

Think we’ll probably struggle for time on Saturday! But I suppose if we had some people who weren’t stripping holds it wouldn’t hurt to get at least some of them cleaned.

Do you still have those plastic bucket things for putting holds in?

Andrew
    Keymaster
    Al
    Keymaster
    #6638 |

Pricey washing up liquid! I don’t have any massive buckets anymore. The hold boxes at the click will do..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.