Saturday 28th

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #4281 |

Anyone any ideas where they fancy this Saturday before the AGM? It might be simpler to climb somewhere in Eshaness to make it quicker to get to the cafe after? Not fussy though.

Bit too far away for the forecast but how about South Gill? Lower slabs great if its nice n dry. Upper is ok if damp and fine for easy climbing if any new folk want to come.

Plus, not been there in years!

longa
    Participant
    #5082 |

Forecast looks ok at the moment……

longa
    Participant
    #5088 |

Forecast looking better…

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5089 |

I think South Gill sounds good. Makes sense to be in Eshaness really. Stu and I will be taking our car so we have space to take a couple of folk.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5093 |

Forecast looks great. There might be a bit much swell for the lower tier but might be ok. What time do you want to meet? Guess it depends most on ferries.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #5094 |

I would need a lift please. I can wait whoever can take me wherever in Lerwick.

longa
    Participant
    #5095 |

I’ve got room for one, but I’m staying up there overnight. I’m in Lerwick.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #5096 |

I’d stay overnight too if I can. Who’s staying in a wigwam?

rockhopper
    Participant
    #5097 |

South Gill sounds good. I’ll be getting the 1030 ferry off Bressay. Getting a lift up with J-Lo so we’ll have space for two personages in his car. Bina is going up later to get there for the meal and AGM, if folk want a lift up later. Bina and I have a Wigwam booked. Think Nathalie is sharing it but there’s still an extra space. I’ll bring the tent anyway. Meet at 1100 at Tesco if you want a lift.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #5098 |

Got a lift from Jonny. Saw that the 3 other wigwams are still available so can decide at the last moment.. And erm.. anyone with a spare pair of climbing shoes 5-6 ideally, maybe 7) or should I raid clickimin first?

rockhopper
    Participant
    #5099 |

You can borrow Bina’s shoes

L’escargot
    Participant
    #5100 |

Ok, thanks a lot for that.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5101 |

So guess you’ll be up at 12 ish then. Anyone want to go earlier? Meet 1030 @ tingon parking?

Al
    Keymaster
    #5102 |

South Gill Access Info for those who’ve never been.

In Eshaness, take a right turn signposted to Jonnie Notion’s Bod, just before the cafe and drive down here for 1 mile. Just before a cattle grid turn right down a gravel track, signposted to Tingon. After about 1 mile, park at a high point, just before the wall and gate. From here walk towards the coast and cross the fence by the sea where it changes to a wall. Walk around the inlet (The Gill) and head down onto the slab below.

rockhopper
    Participant
    #5103 |

Yeah 12 sounds about right. See you there.

longa
    Participant
    #5104 |

10.30? Make it 11.00 and I’ll be there.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5105 |

Late starts in vogue!? šŸ˜›

Was gonna say that! Yeah, see you 11:00. šŸ™‚

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5106 |

No need to worry about avalanches! I’ll be along later – need to check beaches for dead birds on the way up

pete s
    Participant
    #5107 |

i can sort you out with a few if your that botherd ;-]

Al
    Keymaster
    #5108 |

Ah well 11 it is then. Good job I haven’t just sent an email to 50 people saying 1030 then! I might head out there earlier maybe.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.