Shetland Nature Festival

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4421 |

Hi folks,
    I spoke to some of you a while ago about the possibility of Climb Shetland offering a taster session during the Shetland Nature Festival. We tried this last year but Rory forgot to put it in the programme, which may be why we got no bookings….
    This year we’re linking in with the themes of the Year of Natural Scotland, one of which is ‘Nature’s playground’. On Monday 1st July we’re planning to run events that involve getting outside and doing fun stuff like coasteering, canoeing and of course climbing.
    We’re trying to firm up our Festival programme by the end of this month so maybe this is something we could discuss after the AGM. Would any of you be willing to help run this event? I’m thinking Muckle Hell as a venue. Could be afternoon or evening, whatever is best for folk. E.g.

1.45-4.45
    Startpoint: Bressay ferry terminal (Bressay side).
    Ferries 1.30 from Lerwick and 5.00pm to Lerwick. Transport provided on Bressay.
    Maximum numbers: 10 (miminum 5)
    Booking: Essential. U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

OR

5.45–8.45pm
    Startpoint: Bressay ferry terminal (Bressay side).
    Ferries 5.30 from Lerwick and 9.00pm to Lerwick. Transport provided on Bressay.
    Maximum numbers: 10 (miminum 5)
    Booking: Essential. U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Charging is open to discussion, although we’d like to keep it as low as we can.
    If you might be willing to help can you have a think and we can speak on Saturday?
    Many thanks
    Robina

longa
    Participant
    #6073 |

I could probably be available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.