Skaw Point – Crickies Chair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    Participant
    #9616 |

Another crag from earlier in the month.

Pete, your route is based on what I recall from the other weekend. Please update it if it needs it. (The name Chain Home refers to the old radar station.)

Crickies Chair

This is a fine West facing hanging wall of perfect granite half way between The Buss and Crickies Chair at HP 672 153. Access is by scrambling down ledges to the bottom of the wall.

Chain Home 10m V Diff
    Left hand corner at the top of the slanting ledges.
    Pete Sawford, Julie Maguire. 2011.

Bear Foxtrot 20m E1 5b
    Good, but slightly disconcerting climbing up the hanging igneous intrusion and slightly overhanging granite wall to the right.
    Ross I Jones, Mark Kauntze. 5 Jul 2014.

Last Tango in Unst 20m E2 5c ***
    Start 2m right of the igneous intrusion and climb the hanging right slanting crackline up the perfect hanging wall. Climbing the final section of wall direct to finish. Excellent and sustained climbing. Hard for the grade.
    Mark Kauntze, Ross I Jones. 5 Jul 2014.

Participant
    #11601 |

Mike and I added two excellent new lines today at E1 to the right of Last Tango on Unst. We’ll write them up in due course.

Participant
    #11603 |

We were back at Crickies Chair today. We repeated Last Tango on Unst with Mike leading it. An excellent route and even more enjoyable as it was dry unlike on the first ascent.

We also climbed two lines at The Buss just west of the descent scramble. A tough E1 and a fine HS corner which I would have though had been climbed before as it is really obvious, but it doesn’t seem to have been recorded.

We also added a not very good HS next to the E5 which is right at the very end of the point.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.