Slingdraws

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • longa
    Participant
    #9683 |

Perhaps I’ve been asleep, but I’ve only just come across these on UKC. A radical new idea that “…a number of MIA trainees are singing the praises of…”. Apparently it’s possible to extend gear with an ordinary short sling. If only we’d known about that in the sixties!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #9684 |

As far as I was aware a slingdraw is just a homemade quickdraw using a doubled up sling between two krabs. Haven’t been aware of anyone claiming them as a new innovation!!

julie maguire
    Participant
    #9688 |

seems like reinventing the wheel though i wouldnt bother with the over complicated o ring that is being suggested just asking for trouble

longa
    Participant
    #9689 |

Yes, that rubber ring thingy seems to be the only new feature and the main bone of contention.

pete s
    Participant
    #9693 |

what ever you do DONT use rings or tape to retain krabs on slings as these have caused several fatality’s.
    they can hold the sling seemingly in place but not on the sling, if you see what I mean.

Al
    Keymaster
    #9695 |

aye, something like this i think…

But yes, in reply to Andy, I think some guy has just named these “slingdraws” and once it has a cool name it becomes so much more than a sling a few biners!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #9697 |

Where is the article/post on this? I’m sure I’ve seen the name ‘slingdraw’ floating around for years.

longa
    Participant
    #9699 |

I think it’s dropped off the bottom of the forum now. Just search for “slingdraws”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.