South Gill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    Keymaster
    #11359 |

Nice afternoon at the South Gill today. Unfortunately the lower tier was still damp – would have been fine once the sun came round but we stuck to the upper tier instead.

The routes we climbed on the Pink Wall seem to not be written up. Neither were HVS or VS (which are recorded), but the grades could have been out? I assume the VS is the corner we gave Severe.

The other corner is definitely not written up. I’ve named it Pinksands unless anyone wants to claim it.

I climbed a “new” route on the wall right of Plunder too. Probably not entirely new but not recorded and unclimbed as far as I’m aware so will claim that one!! It was actually very nice and worth a star. It climbs to the right of Bow Crack up a series of cracks and then an overhanging topout but good holds so only Hard Severe.

South Gill miniguide should be available this week, with a few others for you all.

Participant
    #11360 |

And I’ll claim Team Prostate’s line as a new one! No stars, scary rock, but adequate pro. Hard to grade but I’ll give it HS.

Participant
    #11364 |

…and I’ll give it a miss next time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.