Sunday 8th.. Hamar?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • L’escargot
    Participant
    #4468 |

Hi folks,
    Autumn is drawing closer and time is ticking for our climbing days out. Anyone up for Hamar tomorrow? Never been there myself yet! Could meet up for about 10.30?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6379 |

I’m game. Ferries aren’t good on a Sunday though – could meet a little after 11. Road end at Hamar?

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6384 |

Shetland Climbing website says “On the main road north take a track to the left marked ‘Hamar’. Park just before the cattle grid to the croft near the end of the track and walk wsw towards the coast.”
    Shall we meet on the parking space?

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6381 |

No problem for 11ish!

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6382 |

OK

Al
    Keymaster
    #6387 |

Anyone else?

Al
    Keymaster
    #6388 |

Nice day out today. No new routes, but wrote up a not very exciting Vdiff which I’m sure has been done before but not recorded. I’ve updated the SCi page – miniguide to follow. Please check the topo lines if you have a chance. Thanks!

http://shetlandclimbing.info/?trad-crag=hamar

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6389 |

Cool. Would quite like to get out there again as well, it’s been years since I was last there. I’m sure there were still some routes to pick at in amongst the ones we did before.

pete s
    Participant
    #6390 |

al your right the route has been climbed /soloed many times in fact i soloed it whilst learning tommy to place gear, hannah soloed it when she was 14 when my back was turned,thats kids for you!

Al
    Keymaster
    #6391 |

Well I’m not heading out there for a while now, forgot how much of a slog it is! Still nice to head back though, been a while. Still a few more adventurous lines to go.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6392 |

Ah, you’re getting soft, lad! 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.