That time of year again.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
    Participant
    #12235 |

Hi folks, memberships are up again at the start of April.

Also, I was speaking to one of the committee on Monday who was wondering if we might try and change the wall night to Tuesday, as it used to be. I don’t know how people feel about this, I’d appreciate feedback. They also suggested we might look at a second session during the week. We had this when the wall first arrived but found it wasn’t paying, but I’d be happy to look at it again. Suffice it to say that it’s difficult as it is to get the Click to change times; their arrangements seem to be set in stone.

Another factor to consider is that once the new high school is opened the Click will see much increased daytime usage as it’ll be effectively the school PE department. I can see all the ordinary punters’ activities being impacted to some extent.

Keymaster
    #12236 |

I was just thinking we should start organising the AGM so we could discuss wall sessions then and collect memberships.

How are people fixed for dates? Assuming it’s at the cafe again, then suggest:
    16th April or 7th May?

As for the wall day I definitely agree it should be anything but a Monday! 2nd session would be great if there’s demand, or having a 3hr session that starts earlier. Personally I wouldn’t come to 2 sessions a week.

Participant
    #12237 |

either suits me earlier the better ?

Participant
    #12239 |

Either date suits me.

Keymaster
    #12240 |

Happy to go with the 16th then. I’ll check at the wall on Monday that it’s ok for folk that haven’t seen this.

Participant
    #12290 |

Ok by me. I’ll start cooking the books.

Participant
    #12291 |

I’ll not take any subs until after the AGM. I’ll also be proposing a club donation to the Helen Titchener defence fund.

Keymaster
    #12292 |

I’ll book the Braewick cafe then for say 6pm? I’ll need to know numbers asap so please post up if you’re coming. Usual plan is climb on Saturday in Eshaness, meal at the cafe, AGM and drinks at ours and camp over. Plenty of space for tents and a few beds, plus I’ll book the bod.

Participant
    #12293 |

^ I’ll be about 🙂 ^

Participant
    #12297 |

I’ll be there.

Keymaster
    #12305 |

Count me in for AGM.

#12314 |

I’m not very fast at posting but I can make it

Keymaster
    #12315 |

Forecast looks good for the moment. Plan is to climb up here somewhere. Maybe Tingon or new crag on Hillswick Ness. Cafe is booked for 6pm then AGM after. Probably climb on Sunday too.

Plenty of beds so no need for tents, just bring sleeping bags (and food for breakfast).

Participant
    #12316 |

Regarding breakfast food, please don’t bring any eggs as my girls are on full laying mode..!

Keymaster
    #12317 |

Forecast looks reasonable but a bit nippy. What do people want to do? Meet at the Braewick cafe 10ish to decide?

Participant
    #12318 |

sounds good, I’m ok with nippy.

Participant
    #12319 |

Which forecast are you looking at Al? Mine shows seriously chilly force 6 northerly with showers all day

Keymaster
    #12320 |

Hmm yep looking worse again now!

Keymaster
    #12321 |

I can live with chilly as long as it’s dry!

Keymaster
    #12323 |

I’ll post up in the morning. Feel free to call before you set off. 01806503761

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.