Visiting boulderer, 23rd-27th June

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4450 |

Hi all,

I’ll be up on a field trip next week and I was wondering if it was worth packing my rock boots, I’ll be moving around Brae/Yell/Unst/Funzie and I only boulder. Is there much around there? I won’t have my own transport. Keen for problems in the 6C-7C range.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6227 |

Tectonic studies group? Bring your shoes – Robina will find you some boulders (she’s good at that sort of thing)

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6228 |

Hi Andy,

Not sure about the northern isles (Yell/Unst) as we’ve not got around to exploring them for bouldering venues yet. Certainly in Brae there is some bouldering at the Verdans quarry (mainly a large freestanding bloc on the upper tier of the quarry) and, just north of Brae, at the Hurda Red Wall traverse. The traverse is around 7A.
    Not sure how free I’ll be next week but shout up if you fancy going out one evening and I’ll see if I can make it.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #6229 |

Aye TSG! I’ve got my shoes, keen to check out Su Stanes whilst we’re staying in Brae but I’ve not got my own wheels…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #6275 |

Well, despite some cracking weather, I didn’t have the time to get a session in unfortunately. However, I’m more than keen to come back to do some more geology/bird-spotting and get some bouldering in too. Many thanks to Robina for showing us all around and it was an excellent field trip! I hope you all enjoyed our geology evening in Lerwick on the Thursday!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.