Voar Redd Up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4261 |

As this year will be the 25th Voar Redd Up the Environment Group would like to do something special. One of the ideas was to retrieve bruck from isolated places. Sita Hughson, who is the Environmentnal Officer at Shetland Amenity Trust has been in touch to see if the climbing club would be interested in targeting a geo, such as the one next to the Eshaness Lighthouse which gathers a lot of bruck. The Redd Up will be the 28th/29th April. Let me know if you are interested. I think it could be fun and give the club some publicity too – plus it’s helping the environment šŸ™‚

longa
    Participant
    #4877 |

Sounds like a good idea.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4879 |

Me and Alan Ratter used to clean Calders Geo, well we did it twice. Good laugh abbing in and not such a laugh hauling 60 sacks out! About due another clean up I’d say.

pete s
    Participant
    #4880 |

count me in

rockhopper
    Participant
    #4882 |

Ok glad there’s some enthusiasm! I’ll tell Sita we’re up for it and await instructions. If there are enough folk there’s no reason why we can’t do a couple of places.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4886 |

Good plan – we tried to make this an annual thing with a newspaper article, but didn’t really happen for various reasons… Go for it though – it’d be good fun I reckon.

Points for the most elaborate and OTT hauling system…

Fat Git
    Participant
    #4891 |

I’m up for Calders Geo (We could even lower in my two seat kayak and I can give folk a tour of the cave)

pete s
    Participant
    #4924 |

Is there a date for this ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.