Wall inspection.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • longa
    Participant
    #4476 |

I’ve just been communicating with Robbie about induction but he also tells me they’ve been talking to a company about inspecting the wall. Something they’ve been a bit remiss about apparently. Anyway this company have offered to do our wall and Orkney in the one trip, keeping the costs down. They’ve also offered to re-route it, including some “unique holds”. Not sure what that means but he’d be interested in our thoughts.

longa
    Participant
    #6433 |

Actually, what they said was “re-route and grade the routes including one with unique holds”. Could be interesting.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6436 |

Sounds like a plan. I doubt they would set all the routes but we could add some on later.

L’escargot
    Participant
    #6438 |

Sounds interesting. Do you know when that would happen?

longa
    Participant
    #6444 |

Not yet.

pete s
    Participant
    #6445 |

hang on, its going to cost a packet to get done what we do for free + theres no way they will put up as many routes as we do,
    ask robi how many route they will put up,

then say yes

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6449 |

Yeah, getting the routes set would be fantastic, go for it!

longa
    Participant
    #6451 |

It’s their money Pete, not ours, and if we get some more holds out of it so much the better. We can always add some more routes.

pete s
    Participant
    #6455 |

that’s why I say yes

longa
    Participant
    #6475 |

Scott Muir’s going to be working on the wall on Wednesday & Thursday, 30th & 31st. I was going to go along and meet him since I’m a gent of leisure, but he’d be very glad to meet us. He was wondering if we could strip part of the wall so he could set up a new route on Thursday. I suggest panel 1 or 2 but you guys decide. We could do it on Monday or book a session later.

Rob Geddes, manager of the Click, has pointed out to me that as they know nothing about climbing they’d really appreciate our input.

I’ve also spoken to him about shoes but don’t know if they’ll be able to do anything.

Andy

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #6476 |

I think panel 2 might be best; it tends to get the most traffic and has the arete on it.
    Will he be working evenings too? Might have popped along if so; otherwise I’ll be at work.

Tell them we’ll advise if they buy new shoes! šŸ˜‰

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.