Welcome to the new site!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    #4200 |

Welcome to the new website. I hope you like it!

It’s fairly likely there will be some minor bugs with the site like links that don’t work, missing pages etc, so if you spot anything, please let us know here.

longa
    Participant
    #4530 |

Very nice Al. Had some trouble logging in and had to re-register but it seems OK now.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4531 |

Strange… I only got one registration from you. If you were trying to log in with your user/password from the previous site/forum then that won’t work. Everyone will need to register again… You are user number 4!!

longa
    Participant
    #4532 |

Ah, I see. I’ve passed that on to the gang.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4533 |

I put a note on the front page so hopefully people will see that…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4534 |

It all looks very good and is easy to use, take a bit of getting used to though.

rockhopper
    Participant
    #4535 |

Nice work Al.

Al
    Keymaster
    #4536 |

Thanks, I’m pretty happy with it. Sure there are things to improve though. For instance I don’t really like the way these posts are laid out, the Re: Subject bit and Quote icon takes up too much room. Might try to redesign that bit. The old forum was much cleaner.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #4538 |

I think it’s great. Well done Al!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #4539 |

Hello children!

As Al said in t’other post, any website issues can now be sorted by me as well, which should mean that there’s always one of us around!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4555 |

Likes it. No link to Facebook? šŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4556 |

Hi everybody sorry if this is in the wrong place but didn’t see anywhere for new forum members to post!
    I was wondering if it’s ok to come along to your Monday training night an try a climb etc afore doing the induction?
    I’ve climbed afore but have 3 work pals in the fire service who would like to give it try afore doing the induction in case it’s not for them,

Any info appreciated

Oh and the new site seems much nicer!!

longa
    Participant
    #4557 |

Anybody can turn up and have a go, though the size of the wall means that we can only cope with one or two novices at a time. Also we like young kids to be accompanied by a parent. It also depends on who’s available to look after people – it can get very busy! Wander along by all means, we’ll be kind to you.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #4558 |

Nice to hear about new climbers! As Andy said, feel free to come along and have a go! šŸ™‚
    If you’ve climbed before you don’t have to do a full induction, just a check.

Andrew

P.S. Not sure they allow young kids into the Fire Brigade these days Andy.. šŸ˜›

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #4559 |

Nice one will try and get along tonight, and as for children I don’t think Andy is to far wrong! Lol

Hope to see you all this evening šŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.