Wester Wick to Culswick

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fat Git
    Participant
    #4322 |

I’ve just paddled this stretch of coast for the first time in many years. Lots of interesting rock. Has anyone taken a look in this area? I’ve got a photo of a particularly nice looking face just west of Wester Wick to whet folks’ interest – 15-20 metres of clean granite with a nice ledge just above high water and a few potential routes, including one that even I might manage (I shall be slightly pissed of if someone has already climbed it!)

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5344 |

Cool, sound good.

Yes, I’ve walked most of that coast in various sections. It’s entirely possible that I’ve completely missed something though!!

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5345 |

I’ve posted a pic in the New Climbs gallery. It’s a bit fuzzy as there was water on the lens but it gives you the general picture.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5347 |

Thanks Jonathan. Yeah, looking at the Grid Ref’ I’ve definitely walked that section. Quite a nice walk apart from anything else.

I seem to remember that bit of rock being overhanging but my memory is terrible and/or I might be mixing up two different bits of rock!!

Al
    Keymaster
    #5348 |

Looks good. Let me know if you need a belay Jonathan…

“nice walk” – are you ok Andrew?

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5350 |

Hahaha. I do lots of ‘nice walks’ around that area! 😛

pete s
    Participant
    #5351 |

hi Jonathan im heading down on sunday fanck a look then?

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5352 |

Sounds like a plan

Al
    Keymaster
    #5353 |

up for that…

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5358 |

Looks like we’re heading there about 3.

pete s
    Participant
    #5359 |

i will get there about one is cos im heading south sunday night

Al
    Keymaster
    #5362 |

ok. might not make it then. Maybe make it for a walk out there. Got a grid ref?

Andrew
    Keymaster
    #5363 |

HU27924213

Drive past the Skelda Ness turning to the end of the road, turn left at the t-junction then take the first right. Park at the end of that road and walk sw along the coast.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5365 |

Well we went to look and it still looks good, but best approached from the sea and later in the year as there’s a small shag colony on the ledge at the bottom. We can’t climb it until they go (i.e not before the shags f*** off)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.