Winter Trip '16

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
    Keymaster
    #12124 |

The winter trip isn’t too far away now so was thinking to start planning. I had a nice email just arrive to say we’ve been awarded 30% discount on our Northlink travel for the trip, giving us a total of 70% off the ferry including the 10% club support, and even more if you’re a student/OAP!

That means that this year will be the cheapest winter trip we’ve had so hopefully will be more accessible to new folk. So who’s keen?

If anyone wants an estimate of the total trip cost then I’ll work it out for you. Otherwise I’ll not bother! Also, please suggest dates you can/can’t make. And for anyone not sure what it entails, read the 2014 report… http://www.climbshetland.co.uk/winter-trip-report-14/

#12126 |

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.. YES.

Will be going on a skiing holiday at some point but no dates yet.

Yes.

Participant
    #12127 |

grand

Keymaster
    #12130 |

So we’re thinking 19th-26th March. Does that suit everyone? Also does anyone else want to go for longer than a week?

Participant
    #12131 |

I’m game for a two week trip – take in the week after for preference

Keymaster
    #12132 |

For a bit of inspiration… (and that’s the next film night sorted – released 23rd Nov)

Participant
    #12133 |

Yes I’m up for it this year – if I can stay injury-free.

Keymaster
    #12135 |

Any word on the accommodation Pete?

Keymaster
    #12143 |

The accommodation is now booked for 19-26 March, thanks Pete.

So far I have: Me, Aurore, Pete, Julie, Stu, Bina, Jonathan, Andy = 8 = full chalet. (Christine doesn’t count cos we can boot her out to stay at her fella’s place!)

So if anyone else wants to come we’ll need a 2nd chalet, which would be better anyway as 8 in one is a bit cramped! Need to know asap so we can book it up. If people could give me a £80 deposit before the end of the year that’d be great. We’ll sort out travel arrangements in the new year.

#12144 |

Yup yup, I’m super keen and I’ll get you the money before the year is out!

Keymaster
    #12145 |

Turns out there’s only 1 chalet available so had a rethink and booked this instead… http://www.scotland-info.co.uk/TheLogs/ (which will work out cheaper anyway)

Sleeps 10/11 and pretty big so sure there will be extra space to crash. Hope that’s ok with everyone. It will need paying up front so definitely need deposits off folk. It’s a few miles north of Fort William and really close to Nevis Range so I reckon it’ll be a good base. Downside is it’s a bit of a long walk back from the pub!

Participant
    #12172 |

I’m in for a couple of days anyway, but can easy sleep in the van. A taste of the last trip maybe?….

Keymaster
    #12173 |

Nice video Stevie. I’m sure there will be a space more comfortable than the van inside! I’ll not include you in the travel arrangements then if you’re making your own way…

Keymaster
    #12178 |

For those not on Facebook, we’re having a meeting on the 30th to discuss travel plans etc. Also Burn’s night so obligatory haggis – all welcome! Venue Eshaness.

Participant
    #12222 |

just got around to watching this, brings back a few memory’s great bit of film.

Participant
    #12223 |

Normally I’d take down my fleet of river boats to provide entertainment if rain or wind (or the risk of death by avalanche) prevented us taking to the hills. I won’t have my car this trip though, so I’d need someone else to carry them. So what do you think folks? Anyone want them? Anyone willing to take them?

Keymaster
    #12226 |

I did enjoy paddling last time but not going to take kayaking stuff this year, not enough room so count us out…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.