winter trip 2013

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • pete s
    Participant
    #4382 |

quick discusion after wall on monday ?

Al
    Keymaster
    #5745 |

I’ll try to make it…

pete s
    Participant
    #5755 |

Thinking friday 1st march ferry rtu sat9th.
    let me know in the next month so i can book accomodation

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5756 |

Where are you going? How much is cost? Apologies should have made it to Mareel for discussion, but had a quick shop after wall and had no energy after a double night shift at weekend.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5757 |

Hi Diane. Its the annual winter trip to Ben Nevis/Glen Coe area. Depending on numbers, accommodation works out about Ā£10/night and then there are ferry/petrol costs on top. Usually stay in self catering and take it in turns to cook. It’s mainly for ice climbing and winter mountaineering but some people in the past tended to stick to walks or even go skiing. Have a chat with someone at the wall about it…

I’m not sure if I can make it this year, and won’t know till nearer the time. We’re off to France in Jan and then wedding in April so its whether I can take another week off in March! If I do go, I will probably be skiing mostly so will also depend on conditions.

rockhoppers mate
    Participant
    #5758 |

I is thinking about it šŸ™‚ Maybe chat more in Fetlar this w/e? Diane, I was worried where you were after the wall. We were upstairs so I thought maybe you’d come to Mareel and couldn’t find us!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5762 |

I is thinking about it too?!? Will pick brains after wall šŸ™‚

pete s
    Participant
    #5763 |

Hi if your wanting to come then read as mutch as you can, ukc/needle sports +many others has a store of info the more work you put in thinking(lerning)about it the more you will enjoy the time on the hill. winter climbing can be expencive on the kit side, borowing kit is posible and we have spare stuff amung us to equip a few folk, the maine things are boots, boots, boots, then whisky,we will have a night discusing winter kit cos its a big subject,
    pete

Al
    Keymaster
    #5765 |

A whole night discussing winter gear? I may be washing my hair that night. Had a good chat about it last night at the pub.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5767 |

Am hoping to have a go indoors beginning of January, with the possibility of doing a wee taster outdoors when in France. Taking Ray and Arawen skiing for a week. There is also a climbing centre in the resort, with the usual climbing walls, bouldering and mountain style bits indoors. So should have a better feel of what I need to get to grips with.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5768 |

I think I’m in – third time lucky perhaps?

Fishboy
    Participant
    #5805 |

When do you need numbers? Clearly not getting enough snow down here…

pete s
    Participant
    #5806 |

end of january would be fine

Al
    Keymaster
    #5807 |

I’ve created an event for this (had turned events off for a while). Check it out for info. If you have anything to add, let me know. http://www.climbshetland.co.uk/events/scotland-winter-trip/

rockhopper
    Participant
    #5809 |

Can I come and play? I have boots and whisky!!

Fat Git
    Participant
    #5878 |

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnxyroTmcU8 Hahahahahahahahahahooooooooooohshit!

pete s
    Participant
    #5892 |

ok going to book acomodation soon so needing to know numbers.
    as booking a to large a place costs aprox 80 quid per waisted bed im going to try not to book extra beds so need numbers.
    pete s
    stu
    j.swales

Al
    Keymaster
    #5895 |

I won’t be coming for the week but hope to fly down down for 2 or 3 days over a weekend if snow is good and I can get cheap flights (will look and book asap). If I could reserve a 6×3 foot area of floor that’d be appreciated and will pay me share.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #5897 |

Book one for me too Pete. Cheers.

Al
    Keymaster
    #5908 |

Booked! I’ll be flying down Friday night, returning Monday morning. I’m hiring a car… Do you know where you’re staying yet? I’ll be hoping to ski, but if conditions aren’t great will be up for other stuff. Not sure where I’ll go for accommodation on Fri night, might just sleep in the car.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.