Winter Trip?

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Al
    Keymaster
    Al
    Keymaster
    #6586 |

http://www.mountainfestival.co.uk/

We’ll miss the climbing night, but the opening night on Wednesday 4 course meal watching this years film entries for £25 sounds like an idea?

Al
    Keymaster
    #6592 |

That’s us bookered on t’ferry. We’ll be heading down on Wednesday night (12th) as we have to go to Edinburgh. We’ll just meet you wherever for a ski in the afternoon on Saturday depending on where conditions are best. Obviously we won’t be able to take anyone, but we’ll be able to take gear if you want to shed some load.

Tommy
    Participant
    #6595 |

hello,
    Al, me and kelly have a couple of walking axes, a set of 10 point crampons and a set of 12 point crampons somebody could borrow if they want.
    we’ll try and visit you shortly with them.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6596 |

Cheers Tommy, keep meaning to give you a ring and see when to come over. We’re in town tomorrow but maybe later in the week? will give you a call…

longa
    Participant
    #6597 |

I have gear to lend if nec.

stejay
    Participant
    #6599 |

I’m in!
    For most if not all of the week – climbing and skiing. I’m going to be south the week before (without transport) so has anyone room for my kit in their vehicle from Shetland? I’m also short of some basic gear, notably crampons and axes, so if anyone can lend that’d be great. Got a spare pair of xcountry skis I can bring if anyone wants.
    I’ll be at the wall Monday.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6600 |

Nice one! Yeah if you can manage to get stuff together by Monday then we can take it down no bother. Skis will fit in fine.

Al
    Keymaster
    #6606 |

Just to let you know, we’ll be heading up from Glasgow on Saturday morning but going via Braemar to sort Aurore’s boots out. Are folk up for a sat afternoon ski again? Worth checking on conditions and heading where it’s best I think – Nevis has been much better than Cairngorm recently. I’ll have a spare pair of telemark skis, and Stevie has left a spare pair of touring skis, although may leave them here unless anyone thinks they’ll be useful? I will try to get an extra axe and crampons off Tommy for Stevie.

I haven’t been able to get hold of Brian, so no idea if he has sorted ferry or borrowed gear. Can someone try and get hold of him?

Snow looks great so we’ll not bother with kayak gear, plus don’t want too much on show in the car as we’re parking in Edinburgh and Glasgow overnight!

rockhopper
    Participant
    #6607 |

Al – Re: Brian. I spoke to him the other day and he was booking the ferry himself!!! As for gear I think Pete has boots for him?? I’ve also spoken to Andy and he’s bringing gear he’s willing to lend on Monday. If he needs anything else he’ll have to hire or buy it.

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6609 |

If there’s snow at Glenshee we could meet up there. There’s a good tour from there up to Carn nan Sac and Carn a Geoidh

Fat Git
    Participant
    #6614 |

…or then again, maybe not – the ski report says unstable windslab on all north-facing slopes with considerable avalanche risk

Al
    Keymaster
    #6617 |

Yes… lovely. It has a week to consolidate nicely though! Probably going to stay on the piste for the first day as Aurore, Bina and Stevie may need a few hours to master the art. 😉

Al
    Keymaster
    #6624 |

Hello again Shetland. Had a great week away, although there was more snow than ice which suited the skiers nicely, but not so good for climbing. I’ve fixed the photo galleries and put up one for the trip so upload away. http://www.climbshetland.co.uk/photos/winter-trip-feb-2014/

Al
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.